The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 6a12tt

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 33 of 33
    TGC Regular
    Yea there is, I can't remember it off the top of my head though...

I think one of my mates has a pair sitting around that he's not doing anything with... Though I'm sure they'd need a recon as well

6a12tt

From what I can find its just a 'm' at the end. Hmm ebay shows a few for about 300 each. Rough as :/

TGC Regular
    You'll be hard pressed to find any in really good condition these days

Do the TD03's from the 6A13TT bolt up to a 6A12TT... Externally they do look the same...
    Are the injectors the same? If they are surely the turbos + injectors and a safc to adjust the fuel would be a good way to go without pushing the engine too hard...

Can anyone confirm the differences between a 6A12 non mivec non turbo and a 6A12tt.

Wondering if camshafts/pistons/heads are different in any way? I know the compression in lower on the turbo engines.

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by karl_2ltgc View Post
    Do the TD03's from the 6A13TT bolt up to a 6A12TT... Externally they do look the same...
    Are the injectors the same? If they are surely the turbos + injectors and a safc to adjust the fuel would be a good way to go without pushing the engine too hard...
    No they don't bolt straight on to the 6A12TT and the injectors are different, you have to change the plugs on them as well.

TGC Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by karl_2ltgc View Post
    Can anyone confirm the differences between a 6A12 non mivec non turbo and a 6A12tt.

Wondering if camshafts/pistons/heads are different in any way? I know the compression in lower on the turbo engines.
    The cams will most likely be more aggressive in the non turbo, however, we have been struggling to find one here to confirm exactly how different they are.

Since I saw you revived this thread Goku I was wondering if you might be able to point me in the right direction for where I can order parts for the 6a12tt. The only thing I can find online is Alibaba but it say I need for order monthly units and all I want is like typical maintenance stuff. Any help would be much appreciated.

TGC Regular
    What is it you're after exactly?

Most maintenance stuff is similar to the 6A13tt, it's mostly interchangeable

Things like timing belt, tensioner, starter, gaskets so I don't have to have them custom made any more, alternator....etc. When the guy that built got a belt and tensioner several years ago, nobody would ship to the U.S. so one of his friends dads was going to Europe and had to pick it up and ship it back state side. I guess if I have to, I have a friend getting stationed in Japan and maybe I will have him send me stuff but he is not a car guy and I can't give him any part numbers to ask for so if you happen to know how to get a hold of part numbers that would be awesome as well. Thanks again for any help.

TGC Regular
    I'll have a look and see what I can get, My main pc which has my parts data on it has decided to finally stop working, so once I get it back up and running I'll have a look for you

Swing round problem.

Vibration when parking in gear N, but when running, do not shake like butterfly wings do not work or Idle speed control not work /// My Live Thailand.

TD025L -> blue tag (slightly bigger)
    TD025M -> black tag (slightly smaller)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12