The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Mass airflow sensor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 24

Icon4 Mass airflow sensor

U see I think my mass airflow sensor went out n wat im wanting to know is a 2.4liter sensor will work on my 3.0liter?? Or will it aalso throw off the mixure?? N if so does anyone have a good sensor I can buy for my 3.0?? Im really trying to bring my car alive again.. N thank to all of yall for any help n much thanks to tgc. Ne opinions will b helpful

Learn how to fucking speak english and employ proper grammar. We aren't in fucking kindergarten.

You need a 501 MAF. Came on both 4 cylinders and V6's.

Re: Mass airflow sensor

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertune View Post
    employ proper grammar.
    This! Cant stand it, how hard is it to spell "any"?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Mass airflow sensor

Bt wot if we lyk tlkn lyk dis

Lol jks haha.

So obnoxious.

Dis is how I like to spell its easy n fast. If u dont like then I suggest u just shut da fuck up. Im asking a simple question . R u gonna help or just run your fuckin mouth

Mass airflow sensor

Have you checked any junk yards to see if they will have one for you? If not go to car-part.com and see if you find one near you cause if u hv to buy a new one that can be expensive. Let me know and ill have some more options.

I seen a 605 sensor , would that work or does it have to b a 501 sensor?? Where did the 605 come frm, It said its for galant but I looked it up n it came out as a gto sensor

Quote Originally Posted by bgood12 View Post
    Have you checked any junk yards to see if they will have one for you? If not go to car-part.com and see if you find one near you cause if u hv to buy a new one that can be expensive. Let me know and ill have some more options.

Well my galants out of commission so , no I havent check junk yards yet but I found a 501 for 40$ on ebay.so I may take that one, only thing there no refund on it, so im a lil ify. But thanks alot once I come across a yard imma b on it.

Thanks alot for the help. Have a nice turkey day... Gobble Gobble!!!

Mass airflow sensor

40 bucks I would maybe try it. Cause a new one is from 214 to 300. So why not risk it. Also junk yards will ship too. Hey guess what I check car-part.com near my house its 5 within walking distance of me for 40 dollars. so let me know it looks like u can use it from dodge stratus, eclipse and galant both 6 and 4 cyl, and sebring. On car-parts look up air flow meter.

40 bucks I would maybe try it. Cause a new one is from 214 to 300. So why not risk it. Also junk yards will ship too. Hey guess what I check car-part.com near my house its 5 within walking distance of me for 40 dollars. so let me know it looks like u can use it from dodge stratus, eclipse and galant both 6 and 4 cyl, and sebring. On car-parts look up air flow meter.
    Thanks alot bro I had just order it. 70$this one but ya its way better then 315$.hopefully it comes in soon..Really hope car runs. With having a 4yr old n pregnate wife I need one.. Car use to run great ,honda's always wanted to race yet noone won lol.

Thanks alot bro I had just order it. 70$this one but ya its way better then 315$.hopefully it comes in soon..Really hope car runs. With having a 4yr old n pregnate wife I need one.. Car use to run great ,honda's always wanted to race yet noone won lol.

Re: Mass airflow sensor

Quote Originally Posted by LilRock.210 View Post
    Dis is how I like to spell its easy n fast. If u dont like then I suggest u just shut da fuck up. Im asking a simple question . R u gonna help or just run your fuckin mouth
    The search function is also "easy n fast"

Y dnt u do dat noob? :p

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    a bad MAF will throw a code. 4 cylinder and 6 cylinders use the same mafs. you can also use the evo 399 maf or the eclipse GTS 482 maf. if you have the car running and you tap on the sensor and it stumbles that tells you the circuit board has issues and it is indeed the maf if there isnt a code for it yet.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by Galanttuner10 View Post
    a bad MAF will throw a code. 4 cylinder and 6 cylinders use the same mafs. you can also use the evo 399 maf or the eclipse GTS 482 maf. if you have the car running and you tap on the sensor and it stumbles that tells you the circuit board has issues and it is indeed the maf if there isnt a code for it yet.
    Did you say "tap" on it, as in hit it with something? Just interested, as I'm trying to diagnose something too.

Quote Originally Posted by tamim13 View Post
    Did you say "tap" on it, as in hit it with something? Just interested, as I'm trying to diagnose something too.
    Everyone once in a while my car would not run, I will be idling and I would try to rev it up quick and it would just bog, not stall but keep hesitating, like a horribly low rev limiter at 2000 rpm. I would go under the hood and open the TB manually quickly and it would do the same, if I did it gradually it would rev up fine. So one day I opened the TB fast and as it was bogging, I held it there and tapped on the MAF with the handle of a screwdriver and it revved up right away. My issue is intermittent, I strongly believe I need a new MAF just haven't replaced it because it only acts up once a month or so.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tamim13 View Post
    yes tap it with a screwdriver handle. if the idle changes at all the circuit board in it is going out and you need a new one.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    The search function is also "easy n fast"

Y dnt u do dat noob? :p

Cause I like my way hoe

^ You actually got every letter on this post.

You just just might make it past middle school this year.

^ You actually got every letter on this post.

You just just might make it past middle school this year.

YUKON DO IT!. Good for you Lilrock.210

93 MR2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast