The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Replacing shifter

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Replacing shifter

I need to replace my shifter on my car as its kind of messed up. I got a replacement one from the junkyard but I had to cut the wires on the inside. Does anyone know how to install them?

Just leave the cables attached to the shifter and starting from the inside fish the cables through the firewall and to tranny linkage.

what do you mean by cut the wires? i'm a little confused

or do you mean which shifter cable goes where?

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    what do you mean by cut the wires? i'm a little confused

or do you mean which shifter cable goes where?
    Well its the leather part that I need to replace since its chewed up a bit. But that part doesn't separate, so the whole damn thing needed to come off but I didnt have to much time at the jy to take everything apart and see where it leads to. So i ended up cutting the wires inside the shifter but now I'm not sure how to get my current wires to hook up with the replacement shifter.

so you are trying to take the shifter knob? all you do is twist it off

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.