The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: "Hellaflush" movement..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 71
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    If you don't think this car is cool. Quit cars now. This is King.

I don't think its cool, Should I "quit cars"? Its missing its front bumper for gods sake. I just hate so see all these "drivers" cars being ruined by impractical modifications or poorly executed ones. Its a sports car not a rolling set of the latest kicks or some trendy shades.

That's an economy car.

It looks cool.
    It is still capable of being sideways/awesome/etc.

So yes.

Its only cool if the wood planks fit in the trunk!

well, whatever floats your boat, I still think that setting hellaflush up on a pedistal is pretty dumb, or having your car slammed like this for street use (or even your daily driver) is idiotic, but for none street use (or at least regular driving), why not, I sure as hell won't do it, I like a well handling car and the back end breaking loose at roughly the same time as the front

also, blue, could you please edit your sig? the photobucket 'look who's popular' thing is getting a bit annoying
    Just because something is old, doesn't mean you throw it away

Geordi La Forge

That's an economy car.

It looks cool.
    It is still capable of being sideways/awesome/etc.

So yes.
    How is it an ecconomy car or are you talking about the 8g?

I would love to know how you think that car is in anyway suited for everyday driving let alone going "sideways" on anything other than an un-crowned racetrack as smooth as a baby's bottom. I'd like to see what his tires look like after a few weeks of everyday driving. Beautiful wheels though.

There is such a thing as too low...it looks like a clown car.

But hey its just my opinion and I would never directly insult someone for their taste in modifying there car, at least not publicly.

Personally I like it but its not for me lol. I'm to picky over scraping. My 240 (s14 zenki) when I had it was lower than my 8g, and also on springs (espelir with agx). I got a steal on a brand new SE model lip from a guy on a forum shortly after lowering, only to eventually have small chunks taken out over time. I got tired of spray paint touch ups too lol. Glad I just painted it matte black. As for the galant, sometimes I would like to go a tad lower, but the lowered v6 axle issue is alread a fewy kinda present at my current drop smh. And I'm not tryna go 4cyl..one reason I like my 8g more than the 240 to some peoples surprise. But a few of the guys in the crew I'm in are "stanced" but nothing insane

Quote Originally Posted by Rodriguez View Post
    How is it an ecconomy car or are you talking about the 8g?

I would love to know how you think that car is in anyway suited for everyday driving let alone going "sideways" on anything other than an un-crowned racetrack as smooth as a baby's bottom. I'd like to see what his tires look like after a few weeks of everyday driving. Beautiful wheels though.

There is such a thing as too low...it looks like a clown car.

But hey its just my opinion and I would never directly insult someone for their taste in modifying there car, at least not publicly.
    240sx. Came with a 2.4l NA I4 new. Cost 12-20k IIRC. Nothing special at all, definitely not a sports car.

It slides/crashes in this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6YzbMmryv4

This similarly low S13 also can't be driven.

hi, i'm new here...totally agree with a lot of ya. I need a car that can go up ramps without too much hassle. Had a '92 accord that was "flush" persay, and i didn't enjoy a bit of it, always bottoming out on everything, had to take ramps up "ultra sideways", and even went to the point where i got stuck on a speed bump because i was so low. Sure i like a nice lowered car, but cambered out to the point i have to buy a new set of tires every week, no thank you. :)

Quote Originally Posted by foxbrand View Post
    having your car slammed like this for street use (or even your daily driver) is idiotic
    I gotta say I totally disagree with this.

I daily my SLAMMED 2011 Lancer and honestly, it makes me much more aware as a driver.

Everytime I see a bump, or pothole I slow down and check my mirrors, this in turn keeps me on my toes about the cars around me which helps me drive safely. That is something that a lot of drivers dont do on the road. I know when I first met my ol' lady, she didnt even have her mirrors set to being able to see whats next to her. I also notice that when I drive a car home from work, let's say I have to do a few drive cycles to get the monitors ready, I am lazier when it comes to driving. because I dont pay attention because I have "no worries". So I drive my stick shift lancer that sits 3" from the ground everyday and love every second of it. Plus, I am a huge believer in driving a car. If I have something for my daily Im going to drive it, SLAMMED or not. I drive the car the way it is all year. SNOW, rain, sleet, tornado. EVERYDAY. I even take it up north and drive it on gravel roads. Doesnt bother me any.

Plus, its the same with driving a 500hp car on the daily. Its not practical to fill your tank up EVERY 150 miles, so practicality is not the argument here.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Quote Originally Posted by 4g63lover View Post

I daily my SLAMMED 2011 Lancer and honestly, it makes me much more aware as a driver.

Everytime I see a bump, or pothole I slow down and check my mirrors, this in turn keeps me on my toes about the cars around me which helps me drive safely. That is something that a lot of drivers dont do on the road. I know when I first met my ol' lady, she didnt even have her mirrors set to being able to see whats next to her. I also notice that when I drive a car home from work, let's say I have to do a few drive cycles to get the monitors ready, I am lazier when it comes to driving. because I dont pay attention because I have "no worries". So I drive my stick shift lancer that sits 3" from the ground everyday and love every second of it. Plus, I am a huge believer in driving a car. If I have something for my daily Im going to drive it, SLAMMED or not. I drive the car the way it is all year. SNOW, rain, sleet, tornado. EVERYDAY. I even take it up north and drive it on gravel roads. Doesnt bother me any.

Plus, its the same with driving a 500hp car on the daily. Its not practical to fill your tank up EVERY 150 miles, so practicality is not the argument here.
    I agree with this entirely, my car is not even remotely low, but since I've let my GF drive it a few times, I've noticed her becoming a 'better'/more attentive driver, even in her own car. Now she even makes fun of stock height cars and wants me to lower her next car.

Cliffs: Low cars are best cars.

BTW, new guy, camber doesn't kill tires, unless its to some unbelievably extreme amount.

I was referring to the massive amounts of camber really
    Just because something is old, doesn't mean you throw it away

Geordi La Forge

Everytime I see a bump, or pothole I slow down and check my mirrors, this in turn keeps me on my toes about the cars around me which helps me drive safely. That is something that a lot of drivers dont do on the road.
    THIS.

Anyone on this board, take our cars for example, observe people in your town in their stock height Galant pay attention to their driving, you will find that the words "Don't give a fuck" come to mind. And then observe the way they look, most will have clueless expressions. And lastly, usually their cars appearence matches the way they drive "Don't give a fuck"

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    THIS.

Anyone on this board, take our cars for example, observe people in your town in their stock height Galant pay attention to their driving, you will find that the words "Don't give a fuck" come to mind. And then observe the way they look, most will have clueless expressions. And lastly, usually their cars appearence matches the way they drive "Don't give a fuck"
    Every Galant I ever see is like this, Except on the off chance I see a 6g it's usually an older man.
    1994 Galant GS - Daily driver
    1994 Galant LS - Parts car

Garage: http://www.thegalantcenter.org/garag...iew-20241.html

Trust me galants around my area are really fucked up because they are not at all looked after. Even when my car was stock it looked better than most of the galants around me just because my family took care of it. My galant is in pieces right now and it still looks better than all the galants around me.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

THIS.

This is totally true!

-Danny
    Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    Ally and her whip a day helps keep the drama away!

Haha. So im not alone on this.

How many times have you heard "Thats a Galant?!" When you show people what you drive.

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk

I agree with this entirely, my car is not even remotely low, but since I've let my GF drive it a few times, I've noticed her becoming a 'better'/more attentive driver, even in her own car.
    Im not stock height but im not hellaflush either, i have little less than a finger gap all the way around and I let my GF drive my car for the first time here in my neighborhood the other day and she was freaking out. In her car shes like speed racer but when she was in mine she was alot more attentive. So this is a valid point

Im with you on this as well.

-Danny

How many times have you heard "Thats a Galant?!" When you show people what you drive.

i dont know what face is better: the face you put when you say you drive a galant or the face when they see it is a galant lol

-Danny

You are here entirely tooo much!!
    This thread is boring with out pictures

Quote Originally Posted by IVORY_G View Post
    never pull out, always squeeze inside! LOL!

"Hellaflush" movement..

Lots, there's even some kids that think it's an Evo!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast