The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Any Fellow Member Running This???

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Any Fellow Member Running This???

As the title says..... is anyone here familiar with this engine managing system?? I have a friend that has it on his car, but I was wondering about putting this on my V6 Galant GTZ....any suggestions?

http://microtechusa.com/

2003 MITSUBISHI GALANT GTZ

I have never heard of it. In all honesty, ECUflash and Evoscan with a Tactrix cable would be your best bet.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Thanks M-Rod; A friend has it on his Mitsubishi Starion....and he loves it! he says is the easiest and most effective way to have more power. He 100% recommended it for my own Conquest TSI....although these vehicles are turbo charged; so that may be why this system has been a good acquisition for him. That's why I was wondering about our naturally aspirated V6 Galants.

Also, I wish I had someone or a trustworthy mechanic (excellent and knowledgeable) in/or near Massachusetts that would be willing to do my manual transmission swap. I don't have the tools, space or knowledge...to be honest..to do it my self. But I am very interested in this swap. Not to mention, it has to be someone that could do the swap and also do what's needed to overwrite the "check engine" light due to the fact that my car is an 03' (I just don't need the problems with passing inspection here in Mass). I am ready to do this....I just know that I am a picky SOB , and I need this to be done just as good as it would've rolled out from factory. If anyone has an input on this, let me know!

I know I am ready to take my car to the next level....because I just fall in love with it every time I look at it. I have been close to selling it in a couple of occasions, because, let's face it....it's already an older car, and after a few years of ownership, I tend to get bored with driving the same car over and over again (Not because there is anything wrong with it at all...it never has) But, I know this car is perfect! I could not have asked for a better reliable car all these years. My father is in love with my car, and he says if I ever sell it, he will punch me in the face!! LOL; so most probably if I ever decide to part with it; I will give it to him...or it most certainly would be sold to another fellow TGC member or Galant enthusiast...
    At this time I just want a little more performance to match the aggressive JDM looks. Besides the complete JDM VR4 body kit and the GReddy cat back exhaust my car is completely stock! and the engine is perfect with relatively low miles (72K), so I think an engine swap for the bigger mitsu engines would be a sin at this point. I just want to keep up!.....now a days any little POS car comes out from the factory with 200-250hp.....so the performance in my car is outdated....unfortunately!

2003 MITSUBISHI GALANT GTZ