The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need advice on replacement motor mount for passengwr side..v6

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Need advice on replacement motor mount for passengwr side..v6

Ok, long story short the motor mount on the passenger side near the coolant resevoir is weak and rattles, and a shop quoted me around 192 for a replacement. Seems sky high to me, so after some "googling" I've found cheaper for a little over 70 bucks...and even cheaper on ebay for a little over 30. http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewi...254&cmd=VIDESC

My question is, is there any reason to not go the ebay route or should I go with the options around 70. None of the brand names I'm familiar with except the one by beck/arnley rock auto carries..but I don't know what shipping costs. Whatever it is I'm sure its cheaper than $192 lol

Anyone have any experience with buying mounts and get a good part for a great price?

Appreciate in help

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    there are even cheaper options taking it off then filling it with window weld, or putting an insert. But from experience if one of your mounts is that bad all of them will be.

Btw one brand I hears of in the past is Anchor and I think I recall them having good reviews. Rock auto has it for 68 shipped, but oreillys wants close to what the shop quoted. Anyone know how rock auto is so much cheaper?

http://m.oreillyauto.com/mt/www.orei...n_jtt_redirect

That is the mount I need correct. Rock auto had it listed as right front

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    go with rock auto and search the web you can find discount codes

Quote Originally Posted by Dominicano View Post
    there are even cheaper options taking it off then filling it with window weld, or putting an insert. But from experience if one of your mounts is that bad all of them will be.
    Well they told me on my last visit they're all a little weak but this one seems to be on its last leg cause it sounds like marbles in a can. And thanks for the suggestion on the window weld but I'd rather just buy a new one so long as its not anywhere near the 192

Will do on the codes..thanks

Ok never mind on Anchor..Beck/Arnley might be the route to go. Turns out Anchor has a lot of bad reviews..don't know where I read the good remarks about them in the past lol smh

Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Anyone know how rock auto is so much cheaper?

RockAuto doesn't have the payroll Oreilly has.

Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Ok never mind on Anchor..Beck/Arnley might be the route to go. Turns out Anchor has a lot of bad reviews..don't know where I read the good remarks about them in the past lol smh
    Anchor isn't too bad. I've had the tranny mount and side mount for years now with no issues, it's the roll stoppers they make for our cars that they can't seem to replicate well enough, But the good part is that they are lifetime warranty so swap away. I would strongly recommend the polyeurothane inserts, something like 70-100 for all four.

Need advice on replacement motor mount for passengwr side..v6

I have one with prothane mount in it, it might be too solid but ill sale it to u if u wanna try it.

Nah, thanks, but I had megan racing mounts on my last car (s14), and it was overkill for a daily driver with a few bolt-ons...vibration for days. Did like the solid feel though.