The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2004 GTS Black Paint Issues

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

2004 GTS Black Paint Issues

Does anyone else have the black paint cancer on their GTS? I bought my 04 in January of 2011 and about 6 months after that the paint started fading on the trunk lid. No matter what I try to do to stop it or cover it up nothing seems to be helping. Mitsubishi basically says since its out of warranty now we can't do anything and the class action lawsuit about it binds them from doing anything about it because of its age.

Here is what I'm talking about

Re: 2004 GTS Black Paint Issues

Just another case of the cancer. Sadly you aren't the only one. I wonder how much Mitsu spent per car on paint?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

You are here entirely tooo much!! 9G's Avatar
    mine is 04 and is silver! my cancer on roof and trunk are really bad.

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    they had this class-action lawsuit a few years ago for the 8g, mitsu ended up having to pay an amount depending on the mileage/age of car. I thought they fixed the issue with the 9g.

Yeah its unfortunate but the class action lawsuit did cover the 9g too, but only if you owned it by December of 2009. I can't remember the exact cut off date, but I was well past it. And there was a 7 year warranty on the paint, but I got mine about a week after that warranty expired, so no way I would've been able to get them to fix it even if it had shown up when I bought it. Thinking about just plastidipping it on the trunk and hood to cover it up. Wanted to try doing my emblems, grill and rims first though.