The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: GTS Intake Manifold

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

GTS Intake Manifold

Has anyone here try to adapt to a V6 8 generation Galant a variable induction intake manifold found on the Eclipse GTS? I wonder if this is possible and what wound be the difference between this intake and the one found on the diamante.

Any opinion is appreciated.

2003 MITSUBISHI GALANT GTZ

The GTS manifold sucks. The swap is possible but the manifold doesn't offer you a whole lot over the diamante. If you want a good manifold for NA get one off the 6g75 NM.

Should you really feel the need to do it though you need the manifold and MVIM solenoid with vacuum bottle and an MSD switch setup. It's pretty straight forward.

Experienced TGC Member Rach3T8G's Avatar

Re: GTS Intake Manifold

Doesn't the 75 manifold need to be modified in order to work? I don't believe its a direct swap.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2.
    - Chris -
    2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT: My DD
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS 5MT

Depends on the employer. It bolts up, vac lines drop on just like anything else. The only "problem" is the throttle body inlet bore is offset our drive by cable throttle bodies so you can either make a spacer, port the bore over, or weld on a 74 throttle body flange. I've done all three, but the third is the most effective option. It's more than worth the 50$ in welding to get it done that way. It's the best NA manifold setup there is and it has topped the stock cams out too, it doesn't choke. Sounds pretty darn good too.