The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2nd Gear shudder

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2
    Gilhuly

2nd Gear shudder

I have a shudder under accelleration/load exclusively in second gear. It is not a 2-3 transitional thing, either - it's right in 2nd. Doesn't behave like TC Shudder which is transitional between gears. any ideas or any body have this? I am wondering if this is tranny related or not. I have Eibach Pro - could this be simply the "wobble"?

Related Question - are the drivetrain parts from the Differential out to the wheel bearings the same for regular Galants and GTZ's? My ES is only lowered to about the height of a "stock" GTZ.

Senior TGC Member

Re: 2nd Gear shudder

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gilhuly)</div><div class='quotemain'>Related Question - are the drivetrain parts from the Differential out to the wheel bearings the same for regular Galants and GTZ's? Â*My ES is only lowered to about the height of a "stock" GTZ.</div>
    According to parts.com it is...but Manybrews has told me that the GTZ uses the same Eclipse aluminum...er...control arms or such I think. Though the prices are still the same either way for some reason when comparing GTZ vs Non-GTZ. This is why I'm trying to track down exactly what the differences are between a GTZ and the rest of the pack.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison