The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Rota Wheels

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 30 of 30
    Quote Originally Posted by foxbrand View Post
    if I may play the devil's advocate here, I'm very keen on my surrondings, including road conditions (pot holes and so on) because of how bizzarely shitty the roads are for such a large town I'm immediately adjacent to and drive through frequently, back when my Galant was my daily, I had to avoid being in specific parts of lanes from pot holes or damage road surfaces because it will easily knock my alignment out of wack, and I have a 30k mile warrenty on the suspension work done on my Galant (which covers alignment) and I don't ever want to go back to the NTB that did the work (long rant/story)

with that said, when Go Kart (my Civic) became my daily, I instictively kept doing this (although I've become a bit lax about this), the car rides on MB Five X's, which are decently well made Chinese manufactored wheels, do I trust them? Yes, I do far more than the structure of the car itself, even if they aren't quality products, they have survived the roads of where I live, they function as wheels, they hold air pressure with the tires. I am not concerned if somebody steals them or tries to, I have wheel locks and they cost $86 a pop (also something that will come in handy if I get a bent rim), this is the advantage of the car, it might look nice but stealing it or anything off it isn't worth the energy

I'm pretty sure a product that Discount Tire Direct has an exclusive contract with a Chinese manufactor (ok, not that much of a bad thing, but they only exist because of this) that can hold up to everything I have described, and this 'manufactor' (probably just the name of the company) has existed since around 2008 that a company that has existed as long as Rota

you don't always travel the same roads. on occasions you travel new roads that surprise you. and avoiding rim hazards is hard and dangerous. i bent 2 of my stock bmw rims somehow....... i only found out when i went to replace my tires.

Wheel locks don't mean anything. any half assed thief can remove them without effort. you can spend the all the money in the world on wheel locks, a decent thief will have no issues. one thing i have learned is; if someone wants to steal something, they will.

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    I don't think rotas are bad wheels at all they just been played out a bit by all the honda owners and given a bad rep I see cars in magazines advertising them so they cant be that bad plus like mentioned they have certain offsets and sizes that other wheels dont same thing with xxr's. This yr I bought me a set of 3pc wed's that they don't make any more for 2g's and the work vs-xx are almost identical and they are name brand wheels so rotas replicating the real joints isn't bad

«Carlos»

This topic is always going to have its sides. I remember when i first joined the forum and i posted that i had put on my old wheels and people were giving me hell for it. One member in particular but i forgot his name, (got banned if i remember correctly) but anyways i had just graduated high school and was excited for just having a mod done to my car for the first time. I didnt care about brands or anything, to be honest i didnt even know the difference at the time. All i cared about was having my car on rims to look better than it did with stocks.. Then through out time i started learning more and more about the differences. Mine were still pretty decent but one started getting cancer and was fading and turning white real quick, so i decided to make the switch to a jdm wheel. I did it cause im trying to go for the whole complete jdm look. I thought to myself why not go for the fullout jdm look and get real jdm wheels. So i did my research and had an idea of what i wanted and going 3-piece wheels by work was full blown jdm to me, so i went that rout with help from cody. I rocked my car with cheap immitation and i had people asking me about them all the time and i was happy as can be. Now with my work rezax wheels i absolutely love them, theyve come along way from when i first got them. I had problems with the seals and had air leaking from every tire but got that all fixed and now i have a unique wheel from 1997 lol.. But like previously said, as long as you dont say its something its not then hey props to you if it looks good on your car. I did it for awhile and i thought my car looked great. Do i think my car looks better now with these? yes. Ive been in both situations so i can relate to both sides but i will stay with my works any day cause its what sets my car apart and best mod ive think ive done to it.

-Danny
    Quote Originally Posted by deeznutz View Post
    Ally and her whip a day helps keep the drama away!

WI and Chicago have the worst roads in the US, outside NYC, never once have I thought twice about not driving on a road for the wheel's sake.

I'm a man with eyes. I no scare.

This Thread is a Fail. This is something people always going to disagree. This is nothing new. People will like what they want.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    This Thread is a Fail. This is something people always going to disagree. This is nothing new. People will like what they want.
    i agree. but people cannot speculate and talk about them with actually having owned them

me and a few others can, we daily drive on them

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Who cares what brand they are? Why spend 3k on a set of wheels when a 1k set will look the same and perform the same?

I'm alright with he EVO 8 Enkies. With the price I spent for it's just as good as the some of the more expensive models

I don't care if people buy knockoff wheels. I'll build a cool cars, other can build cars with long modlists and disgustingly bad execution.

As long as I don't have to see them and injure my eyes, I'm cool.

Rota Wheels

^^ Lol. Injure ur eye.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12