The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Exhaust Help

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Exhaust Help

I'm looking to get a new exhaust for my 2010 Galant. I already understand that I need to look for a 06+ eclipse axle back or cat back but after reading a few threads I've learned that they're a little too short. Everybody says to get a shop to weld on an extra few inches.

I'm only planning on getting an axle back as of now and have found a few that I like but I'm wondering what would be a reasonable price for a shop to add the extra length. I don't want to be ripped off since I have little experience with shops.

So what is a reasonable price for an extension and installation?

I was charged $100 for install and welding. I had a new pipe from the cat back put on, new muffler, and I had them cut the tip off the muffler and put a stock like tip on. It took them like 2.5 hours so that's roughly $40/hr. Some shop charge $50+/hr so just go get some quotes and tell them you are paying cash. Cash price is always cheaper. With multiple quotes from different places you will have your choice.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Thanks! Hopefully it shouldn't be more than a hour job since I'm only getting an axle back and it only needs a simple extension.

Don't bother getting something made for the eclipse. It'll cost you less to get a muffler and tip you want. Then have a shop weld it on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ufw_V8hOPA

Borla muffler with custom weld.. 200 bucks.. best move i made for my 9g.

9g Baby!

How much did it cost for the custom weld?

like 50 dollars

9g Baby!