The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Isaurio's Turbo Built "4G64T" Heavy pics

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 269
    TGC Regular
    The motor looks great. I can't wait to see the car again person. Awsome build .
    Nothing is nicer then a early 90's mitsu

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertune View Post
    You'll want to, I haven't come across one that hasn't leaked on anything above atmospheric, I've lost count on how many I've done now. If you find yourself needing any assistance with it though let me know. Good luck! I expect you'll make some pretty good output.
    Thanks I will let you know when i see some type of leak. Also where the leaks come from so i could keep on eye on it.

Quote Originally Posted by M-Rod View Post
    Mil-spec shaft seals ftmfw! When you're ready to turn the boost up they will come in handy. Looks good though. Can't wait to see what it puts down.
    Thanks. Do they have a Mil-spec shaft seal for the 74 diamante TB. I know they have it for the evo. Not sure if they are universal.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

Thanks guys for post. I will keep you guys update. Today Dion and I are ready to give it some more love. Hope today we finish bolting on the trani with clutch and install new hubs and axles. And do some more tests fitting for Radiator, intercooler, fix bumper, mount brackets and place for the oil coolers, mount the fuel pressure regulator; mount the tru-boost gauge and oil temp gauge. Also measure SS lines lengths to buy the final parts. More pic coming soon. .
    Last edited by Isaurio; 12-15-2012 at 08:21 AM

SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

I believe the evo seals fit the diamante throttle body with slight modification. I'll wait for silvertune to chime in for clarification since he actually rebuilt my throttle body.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

The 74 throttle body uses a unique shaft seal diameter, to get the Evo seals in there you have to machine the bores in the housing out. Your method for doing so may be up to you, you just have to make sure you don't make it too big or the seals won't do anything for you, but big enough so that when you press them in you don't crimp the case on the seal. The nice thing is the 74 shaft is bigger than the 72 shaft so the Evo shaft seals fit even tighter. Mine was holding 45 pounds of pressure after two years of use when I was retesting my system after this latest season.

Isaurio's Turbo Built "4G64T" Heavy pics

^ thanks. Ones the engine breaks in. I will test for leaks and change the seals

SOHC Turbo

Update some pics check first post by date. We where going to install the trani and drop the engine on sat. But i was missing the throw out bearing clip, and i need new flywheel bolts since last one where a little bad for some reason.

SOHC Turbo

The inner diameter on 10an swivel for the oil return looks awfully small and the feed fitting looks like it doesnt have a restrictor The reason im saying this is that these garrett turbos are very picky about their oiling. Too much oil and the seals will blow, not enough drainage and the seals are shot again.

I hope you did a research on the turbo to find out what psi it needs to see on cols start, idle, cruise and wot. These things matter when you do the balance shaft delete, because it gets some crazy oil pressures. Which reminds me - did you port the valve relief hole on the oil filter housing.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    The inner diameter on 10an swivel for the oil return looks awfully small and the feed fitting looks like it doesnt have a restrictor The reason im saying this is that these garrett turbos are very picky about their oiling. Too much oil and the seals will blow, not enough drainage and the seals are shot again.

I hope you did a research on the turbo to find out what psi it needs to see on cols start, idle, cruise and wot. These things matter when you do the balance shaft delete, because it gets some crazy oil pressures. Which reminds me - did you port the valve relief hole on the oil filter housing.
    I have a -10 oil return for and a -4 for feed. A lot of people are running a -3 An for the feed and they have no problem on this type of turbo. They are running crazy boots also. I did my research on the turbo and the proper oil it needs for my boost levels goals. -12 for return is over kill if i'm not making more than 550WHP.

For the oil housing did not find anything about porting the release valve with a balance shaft delete. I'm using a evo 9 oil housing it has a better design than the old models. I will look in to that.

SOHC Turbo

I just looked at my 12an push lock oil drain and it measured 15.6mm ID which isnt alot. That 10an swivel doesnt look any bigger than 10-12mm ID. I'd look into the oil drain setup for this particular turbo again.

Build Thread

Let me know what you find.

SOHC Turbo

Build Thread

Most people are using the oil filter "restrictor" with -4 depending on the oil pressure. The only way to find out is to test the oil pressure. I will have to wait to see the oil pressure while the engine is running. If is too much oil pressure i will increase the oil drain to a -12
    Last edited by Isaurio; 12-17-2012 at 02:57 PM

SOHC Turbo

update pic.

SOHC Turbo

If you guys ever need this information. This is for people looking AN fittings for the evo 8-9 oil filter housing i made this pic with the right sizes.

Last edited by Isaurio; 12-21-2012 at 04:33 PM

SOHC Turbo

Good lookin out, that is super handy! *saved*
    The "Tumbler" Is Here
    Stock Longblock/Stock PCM | Custom Garrett 50-1 | 17 Psi | Weighing 2xxxLbs
    3xxWHP/3xxWTQ [Current]

Little update.

Installed clutch and trani
    engine is in the car.
    new hub bearings L+R
    New Axles L+R

An fittings for new PCV valve delete. They going to go with vent to atmosphere oil catch can.

blue AN-4 Turbo oil feed adapter.

stage 4 clutch masters 6 puck with heavy duty pressure plate.

Last edited by Isaurio; 12-24-2012 at 09:49 AM

SOHC Turbo

work of art!!!
    STAY READY AND YOU WONT HAVE TO GET READY!!

^ thanks buddy. A lot of work needs to be done. But she is in and ready to get rolling.

SOHC Turbo

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast