The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hello TGC San Antonio here!!!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 119

Hello TGC San Antonio here!!!

Hello TGC!!!

First off, this introduction has been postponed for about a month, give or take, since I signed up due to something with the registration I don't really care about lol.
    So I would like to give a huge thank you to polishmafia for getting things straightened out for me!!!

Alrighty on with the intro.

My name is Layton, I live in San Antonio, Texas. I honestly never really noticed galants until 05 when my parents bought a 7g 1994 Galant LS, but ever since then I have been in love with the look of them, feel of 'em and hell even the smell haha. So I drove it for awhile until the auto transmission started slipping and eventually gave out. Needless to say it has been sitting in my driveway for about 2 years now, sad I know.

BUT juuust before I signed up to TGC I found and bought this beauty on craigslist.

ANOTHER 1994 Galant but this one isn't an LS... it's a GS!!!

Normal amount of paint peeling that you would expect from a 20+ year old car. Fog lights work like a charm!

No body damage at all as it was a one owner from here had it until 05 when this dealerships owner bought her.

Zero damage to interior as well minus the passenger airbag beginning to warp, everything is stock except the radio. Also I absolutely LOVE the accordion boot cover!!
    Also the Stock GS seats are 10x better than the ones in my LS

All original miles.

Just had all belts and tubes changed before i bought it as well as the head gasket.

All in all it has pretty much every option this car could have from the factory installed, minus the high mounted 3rd brake light (which i have in my other g). The previous owner payed extra for the tint, abs disc brakes all the way around sunroof etc etc. I have EVERY service record for it and I mean EVERYTHING even the original purchase reciept and window sticker! I will take pictures of those along with my other g and more of my new baby this weeked.

I love the 5spd, no hassle trying to swap it in the future ;D

Anyway hope you guys all like my g and my ridiculously stupid long intro thread lol.

Also I am very new to forums so please excuse my ignorance regarding certain matters.

- Layton

Welcomed

Welcome to the family. Do your research and good luck with the build!

Got any plans?
    Currently on my 3rd 8G... Not giving up this time!

Welcome to TGC.
    Nice to see another 7G still going strong. Very rare in the UK now.

Welcome to TGC, looks like you got a CLEAN 7G there, good luck and enjoy yourself here!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Thanks all! I have been browsing through some threads this past month, and I must say that this community seems pretty awesome and I'm glad to be apart it!

As far as plans for my 7g I would love to vr4 swap it. On the other hand a few people in town are selling some 1g and 2g eclipse gsx's for cheap and i think a galant gsx would be cool haha.

But those plans are for the future, as for now I definitely plan on picking up some new wheels. I have a buddy with a full set of RPF-1's 17x7 for sale, I think so I may pick those up.
    Definitely want to get some coilovers and lower her because that wheel gap is crazy

Oh I also want to remove the whip antenna haha

Welcome to TGC|
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

Welcome to TGC!

Got around to taking pics of first owners reciepts dating all the way from 93-05.

mainly oil change reciepts, few belts, and some gaskets thrown in there. Along with some other miscellaneous things lights staying on, alarm, etc etc.

tried to show all the options she has buuuut my camera sucks

wonder how much the paint sealent actually helped cause i cant see any difference haha

Ill take more pics of my GS tomorrow and ill take some pics of my LS parts car as well.

Hey everyone I promised pics of my other g and I now have some exterior pics i snapped while leaving my parents (where the car has resided coming on 3 years now)
    Would have taken some sooner but being a house cleaner sucks around christmas and new years.

I also have some updates on my GS, even though they are lame i'm excited about one of them haha.

3 years baking in the Texas sun is what you see here.

LS

I'll snap some better pics of ext/int this weekend when I am not working.

Now on to the news about my GS, I guess I'll start with the better news.

Took off the 4ft long whip antennae and replaced it with the retractable one from my LS, gives it a much better profile. Super happy bout that.

Now the bad, but not as bad as it could be news. I was driving with my windows down and I was stopped at a light and started smelling burning coolant that, I hadn't smelt since I've owned it, so naturally I thought it was the car next to me.
    When I finally got home and could still smell it I popped the hood aaaand gues what I found.

Where the previous owner had patched a crack in the radiator with some sort of rubber, cracked and started leaking. Go figure.
    If you look to the right of the patch where the yellow is under the cap, its starting to crack there as well.

So my father-in-law (an airplane mechanic for North American Aircraft Services at the airport) gave me this super epoxy to use.

So seeing as I had a spare radiator I took it out of my old g.

Used some on the stress points for preventative measures.

just have to clean it up a bit after a 48hr cure, then flush the inside and I'm ready for the swap

Also I have been scoping out the local junk-yards for parts for a 5-lug swap so expect to hear from me about that in the coming weeks! Also there are quite a few 7g's in there if anyone wants anything. And yes I know about the rules for selling/buying. Not trying to I'm just saying :D haha

Nice job finding such a well documented GS. And also, welcome to the site.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Thanks M-Rod, I really lucked out finding it. Found it by accident and I just couldn't get it outta my head after seeing it so I bought it haha.

Quote Originally Posted by DEADEYES View Post
    Thanks all! I have been browsing through some threads this past month, and I must say that this community seems pretty awesome and I'm glad to be apart it!

As far as plans for my 7g I would love to vr4 swap it. On the other hand a few people in town are selling some 1g and 2g eclipse gsx's for cheap and i think a galant gsx would be cool haha.
    Agreed! There are at least 4 here that are converted awd 7g's complete or close and 2 or 3 of those are GS's including mine. Well worth doing, go for it and you will get plenty of advice along the way. This is a very helpful community and I wouldn't have considered doing the mods I did without it.
    Sweet GS, congratulations and welcome aboard.

I know im late but welcome to TGC

w/oarctic7g - I have been reading up on some of the builds you have mentioned and I have to say I am super jealous and hope to join the awd gs club soon haha

Smokey92 - Any welcome is better than none my friend! :DD

So I didn't get to do ANY of the work I had planned for this week due to me getting the ****ING flu...

Also just wondering something, I started this thread as a "welcome" one. But since I have gone on about certain things should this be moved? I have no clue due to being new to forums and I would look it up but even doing this is draining the last of my energy so I am gonna get off now and watch some netflix till my meds knock me the eff out.

So seeing as I wasn't sick this weekend I got my radiators switched out no problem! my "new" one just has the ATF line holes but no big deal.

While I was out buying coolant I went ahead and picked up 5qt's of valvoline full synthetic oil and a k&n oil filter.
    Was originally gonna get the purolater synth filter but they did not have any left.

Dont mind the dirty wetness, its mostly coolant that sprayed out the drain plug plug hole. I loosened it a liiittle too much haha
    Car runs soooo much better with fresh oil!

got a quick update guys!
    Just a little preview of what I have just aquired ;D

..... though most of you will already know what this is haha
    I'm pretty excited about it, needless to say and I feel like I got it for a steal but I'm not to sure what they usually go for.

Will post more pics as soon as it gets installed!

I wish those would fit on 8G's. Good buy!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    I wish those would fit on 8G's. Good buy!
    I may be wrong but I thought they originally came on the 8g vr-4s?
    Thanks! I thought I would do it right and go as OEM as possible.

Also on a completely unrelated note not pertaining to anything other than its a car. Check this article out on speedhunters, my friend got his car in the featured section!
    http://www.speedhunters.com/2013/01/is_wagon/

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast