The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Hello TGC San Antonio here!!!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Showing results 21 to 40 of 119
    ^^They did originally come on 8G VR-4's, but that car has the same front suspension setup as the USDM 7G's. I should've been more clear, I wish they would fit on USDM 8G's, which they do not.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Oh weird I did not know that. I just knew they came with 8g vr's but that they are also a direct fit on 7g's.
    That sucks for usdm 8g owners :[

Quote Originally Posted by DEADEYES View Post
    That sucks for usdm 8g owners :[
    Doesn't it? :(

That's cool though, at least the 7G's can take advantage.

-Greg

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    That's cool though, at least the 7G's can take advantage.
    True that! I'm super happy about getting my first performance upgrade that happens to be a genuine oem mitsubishi part.

Plus the strut bar looks pretty unique and awesome if I do say myself.

Should be getting my bar by monday according to the tracking information, but we all know how that goes.
    Will update with pics as soon as I get it in and install it!

On an unrelated note I much preferred being an "unknown quantity at this point" as opposed to "being a supreme bag of douche" lol What is that about?

Found it by accident and I just couldn't get it outta my head after seeing it so I bought it haha.

Ohh man, I so know this feeling lol! Welcome to TGC!

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Experienced TGC Member Bloody Arro's Avatar
    Welcome to TGC Layton, nice to see another Tx member.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue8g View Post
    And fwd grocery fetters are fun, you wouldn't be on this forum if you didn't agree
    Quote Originally Posted by 8thLS6 View Post
    Tuning to me is like magic... I don't understand it but it makes things happen lol

Quote Originally Posted by keith6110 View Post
    Ohh man, I so know this feeling lol! Welcome to TGC!
    Haha yeah its a good feeling and a bad one at the same time, and thanks for the warm welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Arro View Post
    Welcome to TGC Layton, nice to see another Tx member.
    Thank you and yeah I'm glad to see so many texans active on here, though most of em are in the houston area. :/
    But it's not that far outta the way ;]

My Strut bar arrived on saturday! I will be installing it tomorrow morning with the help of some friends (for the hood trimming) will update tomorrow with pics.

May also hit up a few of the junkyards here in town see if I can find some cheap upgrades ;D

I'm also saving up for a 5lug swap soon!

Look in the few of the 7g's trunk for the spare tire cover with a organizer in it if you don't have one already or if yours is sagging. Just a suggestion.

Thread for reference: https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...are-tire-cover!!!!!!!!!!!

And fwd grocery fetters are fun, you wouldn't be on this forum if you didn't agree
    Tuning to me is like magic... I don't understand it but it makes things happen lol

Thanks for the recommendation but strangely enough both of my 7g's have them already :D
    I just assumed they were standard on all of them lol

If you have any more suggestions feel free to throw them my way and I'll check em out!

Thanks for the recommendation but strangely enough both of my 7g's have them already :D
    I just assumed they were standard on all of them lol

If you have any more suggestions feel free to throw them my way and I'll check em out!
    Not too sure about suggestions for the 7g, haven't really looked into them. You do have a PM though lol.

PM replied!

I have been reading through the 7g forums on here for some easy minor mods and there have been a few that are very interesting but for the most part I honestly don't care about interior stuff (only exceptions being seats and the JDM climate control. I want it BAD!!)
    My g also happens to be very clean on the inside so i guess that helps me not to care, thankfully it pays to find one owner cars haha

VR-4 Strut Bar Installed

So I got my package from hong kong this past saturday and I finally found the time to put it on this past Monday.

Aside from the paint this thing is glorious.

Stock engine bay

Never Saw any pictures of peoples hoods that have been cut so here's mine :D Also I must say it closes perfectly flush like it used to.

And installation done :D

Before the installation I took some corners and curved streets in my buddy's neighborhood going 60-70 and did the same thing after and I could feel the body was way stiffer.
    Now I can't wait to get some of the plans I have started.

Wheeeeeelp my car has an oil leak somewhere because my car is burning oil and smoking out the exhaust like a MF.... along with spotting on my driveway and a wet underside. Pretty upsetting especially since i did an oil change not 800 miles ago. Oh well time to find the source (or sources god forbid) and for a brand new oem gasket set along with some other goodies im gonna pick up soon.

Took my g to my mechanic friends house today to check it all out. Burning oil is likely due to piston rings, also I need a new valve cover gasket (which I knew), oil is everywhere on the underside and above the oil pan gasket and such so he is thinking cam seals. Gonna clean it all off tomorrow and then wait and see if I can trace it back when everything is clean before "deducing" shit on my own.... Oh also found a broken motor mount and some lose bolts that need to be tightened as soon as I wake up tomorrow.

I'll post pics tomorrow see what you guys think.

Too tired and pissed tonight... gonna watch Bloodsport and drink till I pass out.

Wow another car wrecked in altitude bit

Well my car isnt dead yet, she still runs great but im waiting on the gasket set to come in so i can change it all out. Also went to the wash and halfassed my car but sprayed the shit outta the grime and dirt on the bottom half of my engine all over on sunday morning... havent leaked a drop since. sooo im stumped also it runs better all clean i feel haha

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu

So heres the update on my GS guys... Sorry no pics but they aren't necessary.

Changed my valve cover gasket and such today also picked up some new spark plugs.... was super easy of course.

Now here are the problems

Finally started spotting on my driveway again, left side and right side 2 drops a day on left and only 1 on the right. Rear main seal is leaking and most likely the crank seal for the spotting under the belts :[ sucks right but just wait

So before we actually changed the gaskets and plugs my buddy and I decided on doing some compression tests to see if my piston rings really are the problem.
    We encountered several things whilst taking out my spark plugs. 1st plug was drenched in oil, 2nd was fine just old, 3rd one was WAY to easy to take out and had combustion residue all over it, and the 4th was the same as 2nd.
    So after we unclipped the stupid as fuck injector clips, 2 of which we broke lol we started the compression testing working from cyl 4 (the furthest from the t.belt) to cyl 1 (the closest to the t.belt respectively).

Here are the results:

Cyl 4 - 180 plug with oil
    Cyl 3 - 165
    Cyl 2 - 135 plug that was loose with residue
    Cyl 1 - 170

Needless to say the oil leaks are the least of my problems and I am pretty upset. I dunno what to do guys I mean she still runs just misses some when maintaining speed but I dunno I have a few options I just need to talk to my Mechanic buddy and see if he can work out anything for me at his shop...
    But I am at a loss as to what to do I need time to take this in I was just starting to get to know her and input from you guys as to what y 'all would do in this situation.

I assume you undid the injector clips to keep the injectors from spraying fuel when doing the compression test. For future reference so you don't have to deal with those clips, pull the fuel pump relay then start the car, the car will die after a few seconds. What this does is stop the fuel pump from running then starting the car burns the leftover fuel pressure in the lines.

What you can do is repeat the compression test but squirt oil in the cylinders before each crank. What that'll do is temporarily seal your pistons in the cylinder so you can isolate your results. If after squirting oil in #2 if the pressure rises up then you know it's the rings. If your results stay the same it could be valve guides, bent valves, head gasket leaking compression, etc. Hope this helps!

-Greg

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast