The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Jerking

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

Jerking

Whats Good TGC

not aware why my ride is doing this. seems to happen on cold starts all the time.

first of all i live in a wooded community in which when i leave the complex, i have to go up a pretty steep hill [one hill on the left and one on the right; i'm in between them both]

when i head out all is good but slowly but surely, the car starts to shake. the rpm gauge starts bouncing and the car starts front to back [sometime it the rpm will go to 0 n stay there for a good 2 or 3 seconds].

when i let it crank up and sit for a sec [to let the engine warm up], it usually is fine n doesn't do this. if it does, it's not as intense.

does anyone know what could possibly be causing this? i the check engine light is on and when i scanned it it gave me the "Dirty Throttle Body" code [P0508, i believe]. do you guys think that could be causing it??

i know this possibly makes no sense at all; i'll try to get a video of it tomorrow when i head to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Celph Concepts View Post
    the rpm gauge starts bouncing and the car starts front to back [sometime it the rpm will go to 0 n stay there for a good 2 or 3 seconds].
    simply, it's stalling [shows how much i know about cars lol

p0508 is idle control motor. It could be simply dirty. Remove throttle body, unscrew the IAC motor and clean it with carb cleaner or throttle body cleaner. Assemble and reinstall, see if problem still exists. Report back here.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    i thought that the AIC was very sensitive and if you clean it very likely it will mess it up. or are you saying to remove the aic from the TB so he can clean the TB and the AIC does not get wet with the cleaner?

yes remove IAC and clean the TB.

Build Thread

Jerking

Also just check the wire the back of the connector of the iac. I had this problem once and some wires had gotten old and broken from the back it was 6 dollar fix look up on here "iac fix"

Thanks guys. I appreciate the advice and I'll more than likely work on It Friday. (my work schedule is pretty ridiculous) I found the throttle body location but can anyone tell me where the IAC is? Like, and could someone possibly take a picture of the location on there's? Mines is a '00 ES if that matters.

its on the bottom of the TB and there's plug/wiring going to it. I believe its facing toward the battery

Build Thread

Experienced TGC Member Dominicano's Avatar
    yep with three screws be careful cause it does strip easily.

hey guys sorry for the [HUGE] delay. today i stopped at AutoZone n grabbed some throttle body cleaner. using one of the old forums on here, i was able to get in there and spray that sucker [suprisingly it looked pretty damn clean!]. i drove it up the devilish hill and it actually did pretty good. no stalling, no jerking, no nothing. we'll see tomorrow if it solved the problem. thanks again you guys!