The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: V6 header install problem

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

V6 header install problem

I've had these sets of Spyder headers in my closet for the past 2 years and when I finally get an exhaust kit to do a full exhaust the front flex pipe is hitting my oil pan preventing me from connecting it from even half way lining up to bolt it on. Any suggestions on how to get the pipe to line up. This is literally the last step I have to do. Everything else is bolted on and connected including both front and rear heads, the rear down pipe to the rear head, the down pipe to the resonator, the resonantor to the muffler.

Spyder sounds like eBay. If you have eBay headers you're going to have to cut and refit. Quality headers don't cost anything short of 500$ and even that is hilariously cheap compared to other platforms.

Make sure you have the headers on correctly at the engine, the front on the front and the rear on the rear.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT

Call me an idiot but my headers are actually supposed to be Megan Racing. on Megan's site the headers are $325 and I got mine for $210 off amazon bc the description said the box was open and in a werahouse. but i'm still not doubting they're knock offs though.
    Last edited by Wingzero; 12-24-2012 at 12:49 AM Reason: photo did not show

Quote Originally Posted by Black8GV6 View Post
    Make sure you have the headers on correctly at the engine, the front on the front and the rear on the rear.
    you know what you might be right...... -_____- now i feel like an real dumb ass smh