The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Looking for good brakes.. 05 Galant

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4
    Bigg_Meech

Icon5 Looking for good brakes.. 05 Galant

Hi all. Sorry I haven't been able to post at all since I got the car; I had unexpected financial issues. Anyhow, it's time to get brakes...

I'm ditching whatever brakes AutoZone carries for a set of brakes I found on CarId.com
    --Powerstop 1-click brake kit. (I only need front brakes pads+rotors).

If you guys know or have experienced better brakes, please let me know from where and how much. And also, any other advice, please share. Thanks

Bigg_Meech

r1concepts, a vendor on here makes good rotors. Quite a few members on TGC have their brakes. I have used r1concepts and now am using Powerslots from tirerack.com.

For pads, I've always used Akebonos (a recommendation from a member here), but if you like more bite, then you should go for Hawks or something else.

You are here entirely tooo much!! Galanttuner10's Avatar
    I have used r1 concepts e line rotors and posi quiet semi metallic pads on all cars since they have been on here. My galant stops awesome, Mercedes stops better and the BMW was worlds better. Good bite with no noise like hawks give you.
    2014 Lancer Evo GSR
    1996 Galant S 5 Speed Turbo
    Need a Turbo rebuilt or upgraded--> http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showt...ebuild-Service