The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Will we ever see a 10G in USA?? News saying MIT isnt doing good....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 22

Will we ever see a 10G in USA?? News saying MIT isnt doing good....

This seems to be bad news i just read this morning :-( ...what do u guys think??

Mitsubishi Motors North America
    The auto company is struggling to compete with rival car-makers. The company’s sales are down 29%, and they have just a 0.4% market share of the auto industry. By comparison, competitor Ford owns roughly 16%.

They’re just too small to survive, McIntyre says. They’re maybe 20th or 21st out of 22 automakers. They can’t afford to keep the brand up and running. It’s too expensive to operate and market the North American segment of the company.

reference:
    http://za.news.yahoo.com/6-brands-th...194801168.html

Unfortunately the Galant and the Eclipse will be completely phased out this year. 2012 is the last model year for either.

The Outlander and Lancer are the only cars for sale in the US; so no surprise for me here. If Mitsubishi's recent cars weren't soo fugly, I bet it wouldn't be doing bad. Imagine if it brought back a re-designed 2g eclipse!? I bet it had a bigger market share in 1999-2000.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Sure it might have something to do with the economy during these times. I'm going to blame the introduction of the 3g and the introduction of the 9g lmao.

Last edited by keith6110; 12-27-2012 at 05:21 PM

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

TGC Regular
    I think my mitsu tattoo just cried . I hope mitsu can turn it around. From what I been reading mitsu is not making another coupe because its not worth investing the money in that. They rather invest in making the current cars perfect . I belive I got it from car and driver. don't qutoe me on it
    Nothing is nicer then a early 90's mitsu

Stop whining guys. If you want AWD for your 7G/8G, go weld a GSX rear axel like in the tutorial (or an Endevour rear for you 9G owners). There's enough info on how to make your car run close to VR-4 status. Forget what MMNA did in the past decade, they screwed themselves over and now they can't even get up.... deal with it. Build your car the way you like it and keep the tradition alive.

Experienced TGC Member
    Everybody needs to look at Mitsubishi as a whole and not just its North American market standings.

Mitsubishi isn't broke by any means, nor will they be for our lifetimes given the various markets and industries they are a huge part of, or own. Mitsubishi owns several mines, battery companies buy some of their material from Mitsubishi owned mines. They also own 3 mines for material used to make the ever so favorite car part, catalytic converters. Whoever makes that part, is also buying material through Mitsubishi. Hell Mitsubishi even owns Nikon (if you own one, pat yourself on the back), and they have their own Electronics company who also is proudly, and massively displayed in the new Dallas Cowboy's stadium big screen that they built. Mitsubishi also owns the largest and wealthiest bank in Tokyo.

Did Mitsubishi phase out its North American market with models being less competive, or not keeping the competition heritage alive in platforms outside of the Lancer Evolution? Absolutely they did and many of us have proven that Mitsubishi had the capability to bring some serious sports vehicles to the market, but they just didn't. Whether you like or hate where and what Mitsubishi is doing with their line up of vehicles now, they are more stable to work for and as a consumer to own then any of the big 3 "American built" manufacturers here in North America. Mitsubishi this past year has also started production of the Outlanders here in the US which stops the importing of those from Japan like they used to (they still do with the Lancer models though). They created more jobs with that specific manufacturing plant as well.

Maybe your hope is lost in the company, but be assured regardless of their sales here in the US compared to other brands, Mitsubishi will likely still not pull out of this market.

^^Well that's good to know, perhaps they can make a good turnaround in the future. I've always loved the brand since I was a kid (I used to draw the triple-diamond emblem on my notebook as a kid) and I hope they can make a rebound with more than just the Outlanders and the Lancers. I always have maintained that my Galant(s) is/are more reliable than anything that my family has owned (as they only buy American and lately only Ford products) and I have wanted a Nikon D5100 for the last year or so, even more so now that I know it's a Mitsubishi product! I just hope company leadership can someday see the benefit of making another Galant or other Midsize/fullsize sedan that is competitive in the market, provided it makes good business sense when that time comes.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Quote Originally Posted by G-spot View Post
    Stop whining guys. If you want AWD for your 7G/8G, go weld a GSX rear axel like in the tutorial (or an Endevour rear for you 9G owners). There's enough info on how to make your car run close to VR-4 status. Forget what MMNA did in the past decade, they screwed themselves over and now they can't even get up.... deal with it. Build your car the way you like it and keep the tradition alive.
    I don't think anyone said anything about awd or vr4 status lol.

Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    Everybody needs to look at Mitsubishi as a whole and not just its North American market standings.

Mitsubishi isn't broke by any means, nor will they be for our lifetimes given the various markets and industries they are a huge part of, or own. Mitsubishi owns several mines, battery companies buy some of their material from Mitsubishi owned mines. They also own 3 mines for material used to make the ever so favorite car part, catalytic converters. Whoever makes that part, is also buying material through Mitsubishi. Hell Mitsubishi even owns Nikon (if you own one, pat yourself on the back), and they have their own Electronics company who also is proudly, and massively displayed in the new Dallas Cowboy's stadium big screen that they built. Mitsubishi also owns the largest and wealthiest bank in Tokyo.

Did Mitsubishi phase out its North American market with models being less competive, or not keeping the competition heritage alive in platforms outside of the Lancer Evolution? Absolutely they did and many of us have proven that Mitsubishi had the capability to bring some serious sports vehicles to the market, but they just didn't. Whether you like or hate where and what Mitsubishi is doing with their line up of vehicles now, they are more stable to work for and as a consumer to own then any of the big 3 "American built" manufacturers here in North America. Mitsubishi this past year has also started production of the Outlanders here in the US which stops the importing of those from Japan like they used to (they still do with the Lancer models though). They created more jobs with that specific manufacturing plant as well.

Maybe your hope is lost in the company, but be assured regardless of their sales here in the US compared to other brands, Mitsubishi will likely still not pull out of this market.

I knew they have a bunch of hdtvs in production, ac units, even heavy equipment. I think they will stick in the market and keep cutting their losses until something they make sparks the market in their favor like the outlander sales have done here in the US. From 2003-2005 the outlander sales here averaged about 50,000. From 2006-2011 (new outlander model) sales averaged 120,000.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsubishi_Outlander

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

this came up on club 4g, quote from a news article
    Mitsubishi Engine North America, which will begin manufacturing turbochargers for automobiles in the United States and will invest $10.8 million to locate its first plant on Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Climate Control's campus in Franklin, creating up to 73 new jobs by 2016.
    and this is in Indiana

I also should note that Mitsubishi is planning on bringing over the Mirage (which will be built in Normal) in 2013, I fully expect to see it in the Chicago Auto Show, from everything I have gathered, it has been for sales overseas so far, I even found a few reviews, overall, it is very well liked and doesn't feel underpowered or vibrates (it has a three cylinder), also from a brochure for the overseas version, it is rated at over 50 mpg (after converting from liters/100 km) average, I'll see if I can find it again, iirc, it was an English reprint of the Japanese one, which means that even after the Mirage is 'Americanized', it should still get around that (the Prius is rated at over 100 mpg converted from liters/100km over there)

Hmm, there might be something to this. Mitsu introducing any new models in the US is a step in the right direction.

http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/mits...september.html

http://blog.caranddriver.com/mitsubi...-inline-three/

-Greg

Ralliart probably will have a turbo version next year if not the concept being out sooner, a hybrid version would be kick ass with the rear axle electric driven, if it shares architecture with the i-MIEV or with the plain old i overseas, it could be as simple as designing a new gas tank and dropping in the i-MIEV rear subframe, suspension and electric drive set up

Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post

Thats so awesome, I've always preferred Nikon cameras and use a D7000 Nikon DSLR to shoot HD Video for Clients at work as well as having my only two point and shoots being a Nikon L12 & L18. I always knew I loved Nikon for more than just being good cameras lol.

Its good to know that they aren't struggling as a whole, I didn't think they were but it really puts it in perspective. That being said, we don't know for sure that the Galant will be gone forever. I really hope it makes a come back but if it doesn't I see myself finding used ones and continuing to be a Galant owner for the rest of my life, even if its not always my daily driver.

I remember seeing an article on yahoo last year noting that they were discontinuing the Galant and Eclipse here in the USA. It would be nice to see a new one though. Especially a ralliart. With this new job I'm (hopefully) getting, I'd possibly be able to afford one

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Celph Concepts; 03-07-2013 at 08:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by [DC_eightG_00] View Post
    i dont know what face is better: the face you put when you say you drive a galant or the face when they see it is a galant lol
    CHRIS
    2000 Galant ES
    260thousand miles

FACEBOOK || TWITTER || INSTAGRAM

I just want them to build this, I'd buy it next tax season (this tax season goes towards the house):

Build it, and I will come (maybe literally too, you never know....)

-Greg

I think people would buy that^^^ if Mitsubishi ever made it.

we shall see! They just released a concept for a diesel hybrid puck up truck, which if they at least built a concept for that, they might be at least thinking about building a 10g
    Just because something is old, doesn't mean you throw it away

Geordi La Forge

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    I just want them to build this, I'd buy it next tax season (this tax season goes towards the house):

Build it, and I will come (maybe literally too, you never know....)
    The front end kind of resembles a bit of Audi/Nissan Maxima and the rear looks Hyundai Sonata-ish. Not bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast