The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Battery Problems!!

Showing results 1 to 17 of 17
    West LA, Cali by way of PG County, Maryland

Battery Problems!!

Has anyone on here have tv's and systems in there car?? If so did you have to upgrade to a more powerful alternator or battery?? Cause yesterday i was watching a movie in my car and my battery just died. And the problem is either the alternator or the battery the guy said. So if we do have tv's and systems in our car do we need something more powerful to run all that stuff?? Please let me know.

Senior TGC Member
    I believe some people have upgraded to 2 batteries...but I don't have much experience. Are you using the Optima yellow top battery or factory?
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Are you using the Optima yellow top battery or factory?
    </div>

I'm using the factory battery

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaIllest1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Are you using the Optima yellow top battery or factory?
    </div>

I'm using the factory battery</div>
    Well that's the problem then. You're battery is near the end of its life man. Most people on here have had to replace the factory battery after two or 3 years at the most. You've been through a rough MD winter and you have extra accessories. Time to upgrade that battery man, before it leaves you stranded.
    Chip

2000 Basalt Black Metallic GTZ
    (Paint Code: Porsche LC9Z)

Genuine experience carries a lot more credibility than the ability to answer a question.

Aiight thanks alot Chip. Any suggestions for a good battery??

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DaIllest1)</div><div class='quotemain'>Aiight thanks alot Chip. Â*Any suggestions for a good battery??</div>

optima batteries are pretty nice. costco has them for the cheapest i've seen locally. but if you are going with just a regular battery, try to find one with the most CCA's in the size you are looking for.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

battery

If you go for optimas go yellow top its the best one but also more expensive.
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

Jeff
    my factory battery died last night...out of nowhere, just went to move my car and it basically said "FA-Q." replaced it with a decent everstart battery from wal-mart and it's all good. i don't have a system to push though, so if I were you, i would definitely go with optima yellow top.

I just purchased a Optima Yellow Top. Installed it last night. The reason I got it was because my lights where also flickering with the beat. Headlights weren't as bright and I really thought it was going to die soon. The only thing that I didn't like is the positive was a bitch to get on. I had to bend and screw the bolt really tight just to get it on. Does anyone know of a way around this?

www.edelhausrottweilers.com

Drama? I handle 150lb rotties all day, I can handle your drama...

Faction
    is there a specific yellow top we have to get?

Tiptronic
    Quote Originally Posted by Faction_03
    only one yellow top, and thats optima

anyway, my car died on me again today. its been flakey for a couple of weeks. i mean, i know the battery starts the car, but if its dying while the car is running, doesnt that stand to reason that its the alternator, and not the battery

the yellow tops are good but if you get the Blue top (marine) it has a third connector for seprate electrical hook ups like a raido and stuff like that.
    Join TGC NY, Click Image to enter

Tiptronic
    this shows the recommended battery for a 1998-2003 galant. it also says it needs a height adaptor

http://www.optimabatteries.com/usingOptima...ear=50&brand=71

Quote Originally Posted by 11B
    this shows the recommended battery for a 1998-2003 galant. it also says it needs a height adaptor

http://www.optimabatteries.com/using...ar=50&brand=71
    all i've heard from members who have the optima batteries is that they had to bend the connector so that it will fit right. nothing about a heigh adaptor.

Quote Originally Posted by verywhite01
    the yellow tops are good but if you get the Blue top (marine) it has a third connector for seprate electrical hook ups like a raido and stuff like that.
    teh D750U and the 800 U (red top) have dual terminals too. unlike the blue top though that has the SAE and stud terminals, the D750U and the 800U have a SAE and the GM style terminal. for those who are unfamiliar with the GM style terminals, its pretty much a bolt hole on the sides of the battery. you stick in the bolt into the whole to be the connector. so if u have a bolt, u can use those side terminals also. just an idea since the blue top is more expensive than the red and yellow top.

Quote Originally Posted by Faction_03
    actually there is. there are 3 main types of yellow top batteries. the D750U D750S and the D750/6. the 750U and the 750S are pretty much the same except the 750U has an additional GM style terminal along with the SAE style terminals. the D750/6 is a 6 volt battery. soi say the 750U or 750S for the yellow tops.

for more specs on the optima batteries check these charts out.

Optima Red Top

Optima Yellow Top

Optima Blue Top

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

Senior TGC Member
    I bought me the red top...my car is a stocker, all I need is cranking power.
    "Daisy tumbled short of his dreams, not through her own fault, but because of the colossal vitality of his illusion... No amount of fire or freshness can challenge what a man will store up in his ghostly heart. " - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"I have not failed 700 times. I have not failed once. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work." - Thomas Edison

Tiptronic
    i guess the 750 is the one for me. gotta break down and buy it

Tiptronic
    please clarify for me as well. i am wanting to buy the starting tecnology or the deep cycle technology
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Remember: Â*
    Dark Gray Case means Starting Technology, Light Gray Case means Deep Cycle Technology</div>
    this is from the bottom of the page off their battery store website

Optima Battery Store