The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: LOC and amplifier help

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

LOC and amplifier help

I have a set of audiobahn adp10t. 600 watt 4 ohm. Wiring is a strong point of mine but understanding speaker talk is different anyone wanna dumb down the info I'll need to pick up a line out converter and an amp? Not sure where to even begin or the difference between mono 2 channel or 4 channel. Anyone care to help a brotha out with some simple info?

The difference between mono and 2 or 4 channel amps are basically how many independent channels the amp has.
    A two channel can either be used as a two channel amp or you can bridge the two channels together to create one channel.
    Bridging is when you use a positive terminal from channel and a negative channel from another therefore your using both channels.
    It also depends on how you wire up the subs to determine the final ohm output from both the sub and amp.
    A four channel would give more wiring options compared to both mono and 2 channel amps. Just be sure that whaever amp you choose is 2 ohm if you ever decide to bridge two or more channels together.

For your setup you can either use a mono block amp with atleast 550 watts rms at 4 ohm. That is if the two subs are 600 watts max.
    2. If you use a two channel amp you need atleast 280 watts rms at 4 ohm on each channel.
    3. If you use a four channel amp you need atleast 150 watts rms per channel.
    I suggest that you visit www.sonicelectronix.com and view their amps and amp wiring diagrams

It's 600 rms. so does that mean 300 each sub? I'm going with the mono block. But now what size line out converter would I use?

If they are 600rms a piece you need a mono amp that has atleast 1200 watts rms total output at 4 ohms.
    If they are 300 rms a piece you would need a mono amp with atleast 580 rms total output at 4 ohms.
    When buying an amp look at the true wattage ratings on the specs because anybody can write 2000 watts on any amplifier.
    If you bought the two speakers or subs together and they said it was a 600 watt rms system then they are 300 watts rms a piece

For example: Two kicker comp 12" are rated a 600 watt system. Each sub is rated 300 watts max but are only rated 150 watts rms.

For the line out converter you want really need one unless you are using a factory head unit.
    As far as what kind of Line out converter to use Im not sure. I have never had to use a line out converter.
    I believe that if yor using L.O.C for just the two speakers you would need a two channel line out converter.