The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: A/C control problem

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

A/C control problem

hey guys ive been having stupid problem for a while. my knob on the a/c that controls the temp doesn't stay in place. when I turn it to heat it snaps back like a spring is on it like wtf!!!! anyways the a/c only blows cold air fine but no heat. ive looked at it and it doesn't seem like any wires are bent or anything. is there a fix for this or should I just replace the whole temp control. any advice is appreciated. thanks...

Do you get a "ticking" when you try to switch from cold to hot? It could be your Heater Shut Motor (sometimes known as a Heater Control Valve) It's in the dash, to the left of the glove box and is known for breaking. That may be stuck, not letting you switch to your heat.
    Last edited by CHICAGO_ONE; 01-02-2013 at 08:52 AM

hmm I don't thick ive ever head a ticking noise but ill check to see if that's broken. thanks for the reply

Check this out...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HywkYSNRGug

This guy shows you how to access that part (If that's whats causing you issues)
    I may be totally wrong.. lol Just thinking about this at work.

thanks man but after looking at it constantly I don't think that's the problem :(

If you can, take the climate control off, disconnect everything and see if it happens when everything is disconnected. That way you know it's the climate control and not one of the inner switches/actuators, etc.