The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Logging Multiple Guages via RS-232 serial port to 1 USB adapter.

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Logging Multiple Guages via RS-232 serial port to 1 USB adapter.

Ok guys, here is the problem. I have 5 AEM gauges that I want to log with EvoScan or any other logging software. But I don't have an RS-232 serial port on my laptop, AND I do not want to have 5 different rs-232 to usb cables for each gauge, that I have to plug in one at a time, or use a usb hub. It has to be able to be done, curious if anybody has an idea how it can be done.

AWD Converted Forward Facing 6466 E85 EVO 8 ECU Powered 2003 Galant

Logging Multiple Guages via RS-232 serial port to 1 USB adapter.

Wow. Why u need to log all of them. Is no need for that. The most important one is the WIDEband maybe boost control if you have the trueboost.

You could get a usb hub to connect all the usb ports.

Triple Diamond Motors East Cost
    02 2.5L Fully Built Galant 5 speed
    SOHC Turbo
    http://www.thegalantcenter.org/showthread.php?52330-Isaurio-s-Turbo-Built-quot-4G64T-quot-Heavy-pics>My 4G64 Turbo Built

What are you running for an ECU? Evoscan logs pretty much everything through the stock ECU except wideband and if you've gone to an Evo ECU you can hook wideband into it and log boost through the ECU as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaurio View Post
    Wow. Why u need to log all of them. Is no need for that. The most important one is the WIDEband maybe boost control if you have the trueboost.

You could get a usb hub to connect all the usb ports.
    I dont need to log all of them, but would like to, just to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertune View Post
    What are you running for an ECU? Evoscan logs pretty much everything through the stock ECU except wideband and if you've gone to an Evo ECU you can hook wideband into it and log boost through the ECU as well.

Evo 8 ecu. Id rather have it logged of the wideband it self, less wires ran.

Logging through the ECU is less wires run though. You'd run the basic tactrix cable and that's it. As it stands you're looking at at least two cables if you do manage to log all the gauges with one cable. Otherwise it's going to be a bunch of cables all together.

How long to do you expect to spending tuning it? Basemaps aren't hard to cook up, particularly for Evo stuff. Once it's tuned it's tuned. Unless you're logging all the time you'll never have cables in the car anyway.

I'm not gonna tune it, just would like to see what the engine is up to. Guess I'll just run cables lol just curious that's all