The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Wingzero's Quest for Form and Function

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Showing results 41 to 60 of 91
    you gonna need skirts and a better front end (grill ligths bumper hood). its gonna look ricey ({ricy} i dont know the word). but i do love the wing. and your bald tires :)
    Last edited by specter6633; 02-28-2013 at 12:17 PM

Well guess I'll be getting tires tomorrow instead of next week -__-

Damn! How long has it been since you bought those tires? In wet weather you probably had NO traction whatsoever, you're lucky you didn't wreck in any foul weather.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

And I start getting worried on 2/32. You should feel fortunate that nothing bad happened.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

driving in the rain was no joke on these things. They only lasted about 7months. I do some hard driving here and there on some down hills and uphills not to mention all the terrible roads we have down here in atlanta. my alignment is all messed up too.

Get the alignment done! That dangerous as F*** driving around with an alignment that bad. And don't blame it on the height, our cars have rear toe adjustability and front camber and toe adjustability. No matter how low you are the toe always goes back to spec.

If the rear eccentrics are frozen I'd suggest rotating the tires every oil change.
    Jigz-TGCIL Sosick Motorsports

R.I.P. Christopher "CRAZY CHRIS" Beckmann
    "you dont appreciate friendship until you lose your bestfriend...."
    I'd rather have the knowledge and ability to do it than the money to buy it already done.

Last edited by mrg7243; 02-28-2013 at 11:45 PM

Last edited by mrg7243; 03-01-2013 at 01:59 AM

lmao you guys are too funny.

I just have to say, do some research in the members rides section, see what different looks there are before u go slapping evo wings on stock cars, the front splitters look like shit on the stock bumper...imho

Lets get somethings striaght, I'm cool with all the litte pokes here and there about things like my tires bc I too have a sence of humor about things. I also know the seriousness of the situation as well. I know having tires like that aren't the best. But as I've stated before, I'm a college student with not too much money to play with. The last few mods I've done was all thanks to uncle sam. I've already set money to the side and even dipped into my savings to get things like new tires. What 99% of yall don't know is that for damn near 8months between the years 2011-2012 my car was in the shop for lots of major engine, chassis, two blown auto trannys, 13 broken/rusted studs replaces, a broken front axel and way too many things to mention that NEEDED to be done to the car. Ask anyone that knows me, I really didnt even own my car from December 2011 to october 2012. Most of my friends and my mother even said I should buy another car but I actually grew so close to my car I couldnt bring myself to even get another Galant.

I do respect and take note of all the veteran G owners and I've been on TGC for a good while now so I've watched, learned and took heed of many problems, issuses and other things that may have or could have been a future problem. As for the modifications I've done, I again, respect and take note of everyone's opinions on what I should or shouldn't do. I've been on TGC for awhile now and you can ask anyone that knows me that I do not go with the pack. I may do some things that most don't understand but trust me I do everything with a perpuse. Take the Evo wing for instance; I have a close friend that feels like most of you when it comes to spoilers of any sort of nature. his take on it is "if it didn't come with the car, it doesn't belong on the car." And to some degree I also agree with that. But heres where I stand; I do plan to take the car to the track after I feel like the engine, suspention ect is up to spec to take it to the track but I do a lot of mountain Uphill/downhill driveing with my car. In my experiance with the car I like that my car has good balance upon corner exits but upon entry I feel like I need more weight in the rear of the car seeing how its nose heavy. So how I'VE compensated with this is I have kept my spare tire in the trunk, I have two speaker boxes in the rear but only one 10'' type R in one and Ive made another my tool box so I'm never without my tools. but When I go to the track I'v been told that even though everything is secrued properly that I would have to take everything out before I enter the track. I had no problem with that and my set up in the rear allows for easy removal when need be. So I've taken my liking to the Evo wing on the G and wanted to install it for the extra weight with or without anything in the trunk. Even my friend agreed that its understandable to want more weight in a front heavy car. But again I don't have a problem with anyone suggesting what should or should'nt be done but If you don't like it then cool keep off the build thread. I happen to be one of the few that actually likes the oem '00-'01 US front end. And with eveyone going "JDM" I choose to go a complete different route to the build of MY car.

ON another note, Got two new tires today =D I'll be replacing the other two hopefully before formula D Road Atlanta
    Last edited by Wingzero; 03-01-2013 at 02:32 PM

I'm glad it's YOUR car, make it how you like it. With that said, the splitters and the wing look like shit, fix your alignment man.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

I contemplated getting those Kumho's (can't remember the exact name, I wanna say Ecsta AST or something like that) but I went with the Ecsta LX Platinums for longer life and quieter tread, I'm in a pure street car though. Build it how you want, just be safe with it, that's the only criticism I'll ever throw anyone's way (for the most part).

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

Well it's been a busy week or so but I found some time to get out to fan fun and get some things done. Oh and I got tint too lol 35% in the front 20% in the rears. All it needs now is a new TGC decal to cap it all off. (someone make this happen!!!! lol)

Well there is the new banner decal that just went on sale. Just bought me a pair of the full decal.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by oakrdrs187 View Post
    Well there is the new banner decal that just went on sale. Just bought me a pair of the full decal.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 using Tapatalk 2

How did I miss this?!?! Must buy now!!!

you really think adding a 25 pound spoiler on a 3k+ pound car is going to affect your handling at all???????????

plus maybe like 20 pounds of downforce lol.

and im not trying to be mean at all just giving you some perspective.. and i kinda agree with what others have said.

bruh I know for a fact that a wing makes no differance on a front wheel drive platform and downforce has nothing to do with the wieght adding issue at all. I more looking for how the wieght shifts in and out of turns. but its what evs tho

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast