The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Remote-trunk release?

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

Remote-trunk release?

Alright, so I've got an 8GA, 2001 to be precise. I've seen a bunch of 8GBs with no key-hole on their trunks... Do they have remote trunk releases, or just no lock? If they do have remote release, would I be able to add it to my car? Again, if so, what would I need to scavenge out of a junkyard car?

Remote-trunk release?

I'm not 100% on what you need to do to make one work on an 8Ga, but yes, the 8Gb has a remote trunk release, one feature I truly miss about my 2003 that isn't on my 2001.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk fam!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

I would assume that there would be some kind of receiver, probably mounted in the trunk? And I'd probably need a new key fob... which I already need, as mine broke a few months back. Is it possible to re-program a fob out of another car, or could I just buy a new one?

I forgot what it is called but I have 1 installed on my 01. And it is hooked up to my viper alarm and I am able to remote release the trunk.
    just googled it. It's a trunk release solenoid like so http://www.provantage.com/directed-e...t~7DIEL010.htm . I don't know if you would be able to use with stock keyless entry remotes though
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

i got a similar solenoid as jason. solenoid in the trunk. trunk release button hidden in the cabin and solenoid also connected to my alarm to pop the trunk via the remote.

if you need a remotes, you might think about just getting an aftermarket keyless entry. or even an alarm. many will have a trunk release button, and 2 remotes.

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

How easy would this be to install it myself? I already have an alarm system installed and i own a 2002 Mitsubishi Galant ES. Would i need a trunk release solenoid for my car to enable this feature?