The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: looking for distributor wiring diagram

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 38

looking for distributor wiring diagram

whats up im looking for the 02 v6 distributor wiring diagram. i have already looked at the fsm(headache) but i was wondering if there is another diagram that explains it better any help will do thanks!!
    STAY READY AND YOU WONT HAVE TO GET READY!!

Anyone?

Experienced TGC Member
    The FSM has two diagrams for the ignition system, both basically the same though. What exactly are you looking for?

well it hard to explain i ended up trying to shorten and clean up the engine bay.i ended up cutting the distributor wires to shorten them but when i wired it back the car started but was running on a few cylinders than it shut off and hasent started since! it getting fuel and its turning over but just wont start its almost like there is no spark so im guess i wired it wrong so i wanna make sure i have it right here is a video i made not sure if it helps i feel like im making no sense

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyFv4EL_LOc
    Last edited by galant1983; 01-09-2013 at 05:54 PM

God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Here's a full one

Build Thread

mko is ur diagram for a 02 galant? i had another wirirng diagram but the colors where diff

First one is diff. year (i just saw it), the second one is correct

Build Thread

ok! wire #2(white) is my issue! where can i locate the engine speed detection connector(a12x) and air conditioning system/meter and gauge cuz it looks like the all connect together.i cant read diagrams for shit lol.

To clarify, the white wire is your tach output signal. it wouldn't alter the way your car runs whether it was connected or not. and I tried getting full screen captures of the diagrams but was unable to. the zoom causes them to distort badly when I tried to screen shot them.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

so the white wire that comes off the distributor has no use???beside tach output?also there is a black wire that comes off the sensor that is between the belts?not sure if my video helped with what im asking

Experienced TGC Member
    Distributor Connector is 7 pins

Pin #1 Black/White wire- 12v Ignition Switch Power supply
    Pin #2 White wire - RPM Signal wire for Tach. This is a shielded wire (has thicker insulation and will have stranded wire wrapped around the white signal wire). Feeds to Pin #43 at PCM and goes back to the instrument cluster for Tach functions. This wire also feeds into the A/C system for its operation...still just a signal output wire though
    Pin #3 Black/Blue wire - Signal output from PCM pin #11 for the ignition transistor operation.
    Pin #4 Black wire - Ground wire, NEEDS to be on a good clean ground to complete good circuit operation
    Pin #5 Red/White - Signal output wire from PCM pin #56 for Camshaft Position Sensor
    Pin #6 Red wire - This is 12v MFI relay supplied power supply.
    Pin #7 Black wire - Ground wire for camshafft position sensor, same stipulation as Pin #4 here

Black wire coming off the passenger side of the motor between the belts is your crank sensor wire and needs to be connected or it will not fire. The other Green/White wire with gray connector is for your knock sensor

Experienced TGC Member
    This diagram is incorrect for the Galant and should NOT be referenced or used. This is for the 03-05 Eclipse M/T models and wiring is way different
    Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post

Nice! Now if this is wired wrong could I mess up the cap

Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    Distributor Connector is 7 pins

Pin #1 Black/White wire- 12v Ignition Switch Power supply
    Pin #2 White wire - RPM Signal wire for Tach. This is a shielded wire (has thicker insulation and will have stranded wire wrapped around the white signal wire). Feeds to Pin #43 at PCM and goes back to the instrument cluster for Tach functions. This wire also feeds into the A/C system for its operation...still just a signal output wire though
    Pin #3 Black/Blue wire - Signal output from PCM pin #11 for the ignition transistor operation.
    Pin #4 Black wire - Ground wire, NEEDS to be on a good clean ground to complete good circuit operation
    Pin #5 Red/White - Signal output wire from PCM pin #56 for Camshaft Position Sensor
    Pin #6 Red wire - This is 12v MFI relay supplied power supply.
    Pin #7 Black wire - Ground wire for camshafft position sensor, same stipulation as Pin #4 here

Black wire coming off the passenger side of the motor between the belts is your crank sensor wire and needs to be connected or it will not fire. The other Green/White wire with gray connector is for your knock sensor
    Quote Originally Posted by SPD_FRK View Post
    This diagram is incorrect for the Galant and should NOT be referenced or used. This is for the 03-05 Eclipse M/T models and wiring is way different

Wow, you really must be full of yourself.

Now if you really paid attention you;d have seen that the pinout you posted is exactly matching the diagram i posted. Even the freaking colors are matching. Now they are not going to the same pins of the ECU thats a totally different matter.

The OP did not ask for what distributor wire goes where on the ECU, he asked for a distributor diagram OK. If you expect me to spoonfeed someone and break the whole thing down as if we were in elementary school then no I will not. You pick and chose what the useful information is from the entire picture.

I have the Galant distributor diagram on paper and the eclipse one on digital file, compared them and the distributor pinouts/colors are matching. I cropped it from the PDF instead of scanning it from the paper.

The distributor diagram is still standing as it is correct. You can go ahead and report this post again.

Good luck!!

Build Thread

hmm... More info the better IMO

Anyway, I was at the yard today and cut up a v6 distributor harness. I'll have pics up in a few.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

This is the white wire, pin #2 for the distributor harness:

You can see pin #2 splits off to 2 white wires, one goes into the engine harness and the other goes to another split. From there it connects to 2 black wires. The 1 black wire is a heavily insulated wire where the other black wire bolts right up to the intake manifold.

Also, pin #4 bolts up to the intake manifold.

If you want to me keep tracing, let me know.
    Last edited by keith6110; 01-10-2013 at 05:37 PM

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Experienced TGC Member
    Oh mko, dont be pissed because somebody called you on bad information you posted.

Please, by all means....do tell us all how your diagram helps the issue. Anybody who looked at it and was diagnosing a wiring issue on their galant would be plain screwed by one wire which if you paid attention to wiring there is a difference in a wire color as outlined in my first reply.

As a moderator YOU should give correct information and not half assed attempts. Dont want to "spoonfeed" correct information then dont post if you dont have it, plain and simple. If people wanted to keep getting screwe in circles, this is a perfect example of how and why they end up there.

Both of you need to settle the fuck down.

SPD_FRK - Yes mko is a moderator, but that doesn't give you the right to treat him like an asshat. I'm not always right, so deal with it in a grown up manner.

mko - If you believe your information is correct, and if someone doesn't, that doesn't give you the right to treat a member like an asshat. You are a moderator here. Act like one, even if the other man isn't.

Don't make me give you both a couple days vacation to cool off. I won't put up with it. Test me if you like.

If you post stupid and incorrect information, you will get red nuggets.

Experienced TGC Member
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    Both of you need to settle the fuck down.

SPD_FRK - Yes mko is a moderator, but that doesn't give you the right to treat him like an asshat. I'm not always right, so deal with it in a grown up manner.

mko - If you believe your information is correct, and if someone doesn't, that doesn't give you the right to treat a member like an asshat. You are a moderator here. Act like one, even if the other man isn't.

Don't make me give you both a couple days vacation to cool off. I won't put up with it. Test me if you like.
    All information was clarified properly per the OP's request for a 2002 Galant diagram

Your point clear and understood, thank you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast