The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: looking for distributor wiring diagram

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 38 of 38
    Well thanks everyone for ur help! Ill let ya know how it goes.also if wired wrong can It mess up the cap or something
    STAY READY AND YOU WONT HAVE TO GET READY!!

If wired wrong it will more likely not function than mess up the cap. Also, pin 6 seems to have a problem corroding on most v6's distributor connectors. If you can, put some electricity grease or something on it; I used copper anti-seize.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

]So I got it started but it was running on a couple of cylinders so I checked the plugs and bam!!!also thanks for all the help guys

Here is the rear plugs,1 out of 3 where still good. Not sure why but they where not as bad as the front

Looks like you were running on maybe 3-4 cylinders lol.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Well I installed new plugs and still no start I'm guessing the cap is beat also the black wire off the crankshaft position sensor is that just a ground?I think I screwed up the whole thing

think i need a whole new engine harness or a new galant cuz i can figure this out at all

Marlon, tell me which pins you are having trouble with. Remember I have an entire harness at my disposal in the JY lol.

Also make sure your wires are in the correct order on the cap. One wire in the wrong spot means 2 wires are in the wrong spot; meaning 2 cylinders are not getting the spark on the correct time leaving unburnt fuel. Not good for your engines rings.

Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Black wire from crack shaft sensor LOL 2 black wire coming from the firewall. Black wire coming from maf. Black wire coming off the cap wire.also there is 1 black wire coming off the cap harness that goes to a groound which has 2 more black wire that come off the that ground spot.I know u said use pins as a reference but I'm just lost at the moment

Ill try to take some pics but I'm not sure that will help sense it look like hell under the Hood

so i checked my cel and the only codes i got were p0107 and p0113.i thought if the distrubutor or crankshaft sensor was bad it would throw a light idk why i cant get this thing to start

so i changed the cap and rotor and plugs and still no start i also did the spark check with the new parts and no spark! any ideas guys?

And after all of this, I still see no mention of you checking the coil in the distributor. Have you done so yet?
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

no i have not im not sure on how to

This.

You will know right away if it's out of spec, and if that's the case, your spark will not be strong enough to run the engine.

is there an easy way to reach tdc(top dead center)??

1/2" drive breaker bar with an extension on the harmonic balancer. Rotate it clockwise until the notch on the balancer lines up with the mark for tdc on the timing cover.

so i got the car started but only on a few cyl but it stayed running by its self.i checked all wires to make they are in the right spot which they are! than i turned it off.when i went to turn it back on it wouldn't start en-less i gave it gas and when i did that it started smoking but still was still misfiring.any ideas

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12