The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: shifting problem

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

shifting problem

i have a 2000 2.4L galant about 3 years ago i i bottomed out the car since its only like 4 inchs off the ground thatts not hard. any ways i got in it the next day and it wont go in drive its stuck in 3rd gear it goes in to rev park and nutural fine but when u go in drive it jumps to 3rd or atleast it drive like its in 3rd and wont shift. ok ive posted on her a few times bout this and tried everyones sugestions but no luck ive replaced the tranny, the park/neutral switch checked the shifter and cables changed the harness, ive ive even had another computer programed for it nothing changed thanks isauro by they for that one .dudes a geinus when it comes to the pcm anyways ive sunk about a grand into fixing this thing the only thing i can think of left to change is the tourqe converter its the orignal one form my old tranny the new tranny didnt come with one. my question is can the tourqe converter be causeing this i dont wanna buy another one if it cant be causeing the problem. im trying to avoid taking it ot the dealer ship to get it checked cause its 2 hours away from me. anyone got any suggestions please leave them thanks

does anyone no lol

Are you sure you don't want to drive a 5 spd? lol! Personally I have no idea if you already changed out the transmission. Back in the day my auto tranny was acting up and I used lucas tranny fix and it shifted soo much better for 30k miles lol. Found it was just easier to manual swap it like many others here have done.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

is the manual swap hard 2 do. cause yes id rather have a 5 speed. i was gonna get me a whole eclipse parts and swap the stuff from car to car. is it really that hard to do i only got me and a concrete floor to do it i might have buddy that would help me

and yes i have changed out the whole transmission as well

its pretty easy to do the swap. do it.

ok i think im do that what ways better buying all the parts or just getting a donor car 2000 eclipse and just for curiosisty can some one tell me if the tourqe convertor can cause this