The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: offset to 18x9.5?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 23 of 23
    Quote Originally Posted by zobgel View Post
    Not all +40 offset will clear the brembo. It all depends on spokes design, like some +35 offset wheels still wont clear the brembo. If you you want to clear the brembo you need to search for evo wheels and start from there.
    the wheels im getting are for an evo, theres no way you can look up anything for a galant on the site haha. thanks for lookin out though

You are here entirely tooo much!! IVORY_G's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kylecanthurdle View Post
    the wheels im getting are for an evo, theres no way you can look up anything for a galant on the site haha. thanks for lookin out though
    I would recommend a 18x8.5 +38 to make sure you clear brembo's. Thats like the perfect mildly aggressive setup for our cars.
    JDM Zenki Conversion

Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth. (Proverbs 10:4 NIV)

if you want to run 235 or wider, I'd go with an 8.5 inch or wider, if you're gonna run a good summer tire like a star spec or an rs3 or nt05, run them a size smaller than what you'd normally get because they all run wider than your average tire, since your car will be making a shitload of power I would go with a 17/18x8.5-9 in the 30 offset area with a 235 width tire at minimum. I can light up my front tires in 2nd gear now and I'm on 245width nt05s, granted they've seen some abuse at the track but still stickier than your average street tire. you will need to do a nice roll all around and run some camber. I would suggest for handling purpose -1.5-2 up front is a good compromise for a non track car and right around -.5 in the rear, -1 max really in the rear. Again, this is all from my experience playing with the alignment of my car time and time again.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12