The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: random crank no start

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

random crank no start

Alright my girls 02 2.4L galant, randomly cranks no starts. I have checked the battery, cleaned post, replaced a ground straped, cleaned grounds. There's battery voltage going to starter, when car turns on alternater charges @ 14.3V. I've checked to hear if fuel pump turns on I don't hear it prime when key on even with fuel cap off and rear seat removed. When it turns on idles fine, don't notice any lack of power like restricted fuel or anything, regulator isny broken.

I have not tee'd in to fuel system yet to check the pressure but I would think if it was the fuel pump it wouldn't randomly start, but then again maybe the check valve is bad and retaining fuel in the lines. Another thing I've noticed as RPMS decrease ALL the lights dim and brighten back up as RPMS increase. Car never shuts cuts off while running just fails to turn back on after u turn it off.

I have not yet looked into the wiring diagram of the fuel system to test proper voltage to it, and have not checked the pressures yet.

Re: random crank no start

Any CEL?

Sent from Tapatalk 2 using my Rooted DROID BIONIC on Android ICS

The 8g has a reputation for the ignition switch to go bad after a while. I don't think its symptoms are the same as what you're describing, but I had to change mine, because I would turn the ignition but nothing. If I try it again, it starts. After replacing it, everything is fine now.

It sounds like it wants to start but just cuts off like there's no fuel or like the spark gets cut off. She did have a CEL but unfortunately she drained the battery trying to to start it so I couldn't see what it was. CEL hasn't come back on so i don't know If it was related towards it.

^ My shot at it, crank or cam position senosor.