The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: WINDOW SCRATCHING on my 8G (pics soon)

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

WINDOW SCRATCHING on my 8G (pics soon)

My two front windows have scratches up and down the outside of it and I don’t remember having them when I first bought the car. The scratches are deeply engraved into the window as if I had rocks stuck between the window and the door wedge. Scratches are in the same part of the window on both front driver side and passenger side but not the rear windows.
    If anyone has had the same problem as me please let me know what you did to fix this. Getting new windows in soon and don’t want this to happen again to my new ones. Will be taking apart the door panel and taking pictures for you guys soon.
    (: THANKS :)

Little late for you, but for those reading this for the first time here is a tip: roll your windows down, and clean the felt the window runs through using a toothbrush. Do this periodically to avoid dust from building up. Your front windows are scratched more than rears because they're used more often. I wish I knew this before my ds window got scratched like I've never seen before... Debating if I should replace it, the car is 13 years old, but in an awesome shape!