The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2004 GTS Infinity stereo question

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

2004 GTS Infinity stereo question

Hi,
    I posted this question in the electronics/audio forum but could not get any answers. I have a 2004 GTS with a infinity sound system. One of my front speakers broke and I figured this would be a good time to upgrade the system. I want to install a new head unit. I was thinking of keeping the amp that is in the car. What are you suggestions, is this a good idea to keep the stock amp? Would the following harness' be good ? C2R-MIT or Metra 70-7003 ?

Also I read that the stock speakers are 2 ohms. If i wanted to replace the front ones, do they have to be 2 ohms as well?

All help and recommendations is really appreciated. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by NYRangers11 View Post
    Hi,
    I posted this question in the electronics/audio forum but could not get any answers. I have a 2004 GTS with a infinity sound system. One of my front speakers broke and I figured this would be a good time to upgrade the system. I want to install a new head unit. I was thinking of keeping the amp that is in the car. What are you suggestions, is this a good idea to keep the stock amp? Would the following harness' be good ? C2R-MIT or Metra 70-7003 ?

Also I read that the stock speakers are 2 ohms. If i wanted to replace the front ones, do they have to be 2 ohms as well?

All help and recommendations is really appreciated. Thanks.

visit g9gnation.com there is a wiring guide for installing aftermarket head unit to infinity stock amp on 2004 LS. not quite sure if LS and GTS have same wiring guide.