The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: new brakes??

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    7h3_wh173_kn16h7

new brakes??

i am thinking of getting new brakes...question is should i get whole set of brakes or just the new pads???also what brand and do i have to change my wheels also???how much are those brakes??

Tazz2000
    You shouldn't have to change your wheels to get new brakes. Unless your looking for an excuse
    I would have your local brake people check the brakes. If the rotors are ok, you should be just fine changing the pads. :thumbsup:

i'd get a brake check done those are usually free. they can tell u if need new rotors. getting pads is cool but you should do something with the rotors. if they are still pretty thick, u might want to get them turned just so that they are true. stick with stock pads with stock rotors btw, reduces warpage. if they are somewhat thin get new rotors too

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

BlueESV6
    You want to check tolerances on the rotor... I think new they are like 28mm. The low end is like 23mm (?). The dealer or a reputable shop will be able to mic the rotors to see how much you have left.

If your car is new and you have vibrating in sterring when you use the brakes, then have the dealer turn them for free! Otherwise might as well buy new ones.

The dealers are expensive compared to aftermarket crossdrilled/ slotted. I got rid of mine when the warranty ran out and really like them... stop quicker and no more shaking!!! Good Luck

Standard replacement pads are fine if you need new pads but if you want high performance and more stoping power, the already crappy stock rotors will not last long and is not designed to handle the heat and abrassion from a high performance pad. If you want high performance, you have to change the rotors along with the pads. BTW, you can only change the front pads and rotors as the front does most of the work anyways.

[size=10]<span style='color:white'>. . . .</span>