The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: MPI fuel pump relay

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

MPI fuel pump relay

My fuel pump wire directly from the relay only triggers on cranking and once it is running but not at all in the key on engine off position. That appears to be correct according to wiring diagrams but just not used to it. Am I reading correctly or did I miss something? This is the single relay/controller for the GS which appears to be same all 94-95. Does the 96-98 trigger for a few seconds in the key on position?

Its the same thing bud. The 96-98 have two relays - one for the fuel pump alone and another to provide power to the MPI system.

Other than that nothing has changed. The stock FPR keeps the whole system under pressure at all times, while an aftermarket AFPR drains the fuel as soon you turn off the engine.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Thanks for confirming. It was a real cluster of wires from a stereo and alarm system poorly installed and wires cut and tied into, real shotty stuff. It works like it supposed to now! Eventually I will do the fuel pump rewire as that pump lead seems way too small.
    Last edited by w/oarctic7g; 02-01-2013 at 04:29 AM

my 94 pump supported 12 psi w/o rewiring. Its much bulkier than the 97 galant pump i just got.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread