The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Need Exhaust Ideas for 8g 6g74, Looking at DC Sports muffler from Advance Auto Parts

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
    clebrowns88

Need Exhaust Ideas for 8g 6g74, Looking at DC Sports muffler from Advance Auto Parts

I got the 8g 6g74 swap, i have headers from the motor, but the rest of my exhaust is stock, i was considering the DC Sports Exhaust Muffler from Advance Auto Parts.

Anyone know what cars i can use exhausts from? i can take the exhaust to be welded at a local shop if modification is necessary.. Just curious if i can use any eclipse exhausts or maybe an Evo muffler or something. I'd like a full catback exhaust but would prob be a hassle

Heres a link to what i was considering buying... Looks pretty nice i guess for the ease of install, just hack off the stock muffler then throw this one on and or weld it on..

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...Term=dc+sports

Get a eBay "3 for the 99 GS-T. Plenty of people run them and they're like $120 shipped. You'll need to extend the last section a couple of inches.

Yeah you can use any exhaust from the 2nd or 3rd gen eclipse but you will have to extend the last section. Somebody correct me if im wrong.
    I would suggest a megan racing drift spec exhaust system.

I bought a complete cat-back 2.5" stainless steel mandrel bent system on e-bay for mine a few years ago. Came complete with all hardware and gaskets. Bolted right in place of the stock exhaust and used all factory hangers. Took me about an hour to install myself and cost around $120
    T.I. 04 BUILD YOUR OWN

clebrowns88
    Heres the cheapest one on ebay, $100 for everything it seems.. but i think it has a 4" outlet or tip or whatever u call it and i dont want a ricey look, hate them ricers man, loud nastyt ugly exhausts. Although id like to see how a 4" tip coming out the back would look on an 8g Galant. If you got a 4" could you send a link to pics or post some please??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110999333759...84.m1438.l2649

But if anyone can throw some links to ebay pages, or any links to full cat back exhausts, please post them so every one can easily get to them. Thanks!

I had an ebay cat back exhaust before. It sounds good with just the cat back exhaust alone but once you put long tube header(s) on with catalytic coverter delete it sounds to raspy for my taste. The 4" tip does not look to big to me. If your looking for something smaller I would suggest a muffler with a 3" tip on it.

Just my opinion, but when I heard brent-ralliart08's video for his borla, I was really impressed, check out his link to his video here -

https://www.thegalantcenter.org/show...wesome-exhaust!

The e-bay exhaust I got does have a 4" tip... I'll post a pic when I get it out of the snow and into the garage.. It has a very mellow sound to it and did come with a removable silencing baffle if you want it to remain quiet.
    T.I. 04 BUILD YOUR OWN

If you just want a exhaust and you have a V6 galant get a magnaflow race series. they sound nice on V6 galant and don't waste your money on those DC exhaust. IMO

TURBO= in the making.......

Here is that 4" tip on the G
    T.I. 04 BUILD YOUR OWN

clebrowns88
    cool, thanks guys.. im looking at pulling the back end of a 2000 eclipse exhaust off from junkyard for now to save money and still have a nice 3" tip coming out... can i just unbolt it off the eclipse near the back axle, do the same with my galant stock exhaust, and put the 2000 eclipse exhaust on it? just back portion though... only costs like 9.99.. was gonna sand and paint it flat black since threre is a little rust on it. for 9.99 cant beat it though...

7ehvsh
    hey man i have the 4g64 and i just installed the Dc sports Ex -5016
    i would imagine the 6cyl would have a deeper tone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MbuTM2ROIk

Hey clebrowns88, let me know how that works out because i'm also thinking of doing the same thing for my galant. I'm just waiting for a v6 eclipse to pop out in any of the junkyards nearby

Straight pipe to the rear

I have an eclipse GT Muffler on my i4 and i love it especially here and cali...it has a nice tone off the gas and a low rumble on the freeway nothing too overbearing... THE stock look keeps me out of the cops radar... it even sounds better on a v6... but its not a straight bolt on... you gotta extend it and get the rear end bracket of the 3g too....
    wise up or stand down

Hey jamesgalant your video actually made me want to do this to my galant, but how hard is it to extend? and what did you have to extend?

I had a 3G muffler on my car a few years back and if you can weld, it's simple. If not, take it someplace that can.
    '99 5-Speed GTZ: Forged 3.6L 6G74T 6764 E85
    2017: 552whp/562wtq SBE on 19psi
    '02 Eclipse GT: 6G72 M/T-swapped Daily Driver
    '10 Endeavor: 6G75 AWD Family-mobile

Wow I shoulda done that, I bought the ebay catback and it was a nice sound and silent while cruising but for some reason it got loud and obnoxious so I bought a Magnaflow with a 4 inch tip to get a deep tone. I didnt put it on yet tho
    Bought from crzygtz,deeznutz, dominicano, finald8ta, Galantman03, G-Spot, Isaurio, jonk8123, M-Rod, and specter6633

Dont' keep it stock, turn heads on the block

2003 Mitsubishi Galant ES 2.4L 4 cyl "Storm"

Greddy Ti-c exhaust
    02 Galant ES I4 ~ DD. JDM Kit/BBS LM Gold/D2/EvoRecaro/EGR/JL Audio/Eclipse Audio/Greddy/Injen/Project Kics/Brembos
    2010 Lexus IS350c Tungsten Pearl Mica/Volk GTM/H&R Springs/F sport intake/Project Kics/Lems Shift knob
    2010 Lexus IS-F Ultrasonic Blue/Volk TE37/HKS Hipermax IV GT/Ventross Kit/Lexon/JoezPerformance/Tom's/Project Kics/RR-racing tune
    2009 Acura TL w/Tech package A-spec Kit/ BBS LM/Tein