The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Potential Heater Core problem, not quite sure yet

Showing results 1 to 2 of 2

Potential Heater Core problem, not quite sure yet

So I've done the research, looks like most people who have heater core issues have a damp passenger side floor. I do not whatsoever. The interesting thing is that when the heat is on, regardless on whether or not it's on recirc or the fresh air setting, it smells like coolant, but it's much much less so when I turn on the fresh air setting, I don't know where the recirc draws from whether it's from the bay or from outside the idk, when I turn the blower onto cold (without the AC on) the smell still comes through but much less than when the heat is on. Again, no leaks in the passenger compartment that I can see. The car is down a tiny bit on coolant, but not by very much. I'm assuming this is either a very small heater core leak or a small coolant leak in the engine bay that is getting drawn in by the system. Any suggestions.
    OZ Rally Crew #001, Quaife Club member :D

I bet you have a coolant leak under the hood. Kind of like a leaking exhaust, you can still smell it even though its not in the car. Just a thought if your passenger side is not wet.

Also, I believe the dampener in the galant opens behind the glove box when you do not get fresh air.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse