The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ignition coil wiring

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

ignition coil wiring

searched the forums but haven't seen this yet, i accidentally cut my wires going to my ignition coil on cylinder 4 when doing the outlander swap, was hoping some one could take a picture of there wires so i know for sure i reattached them correctly. i matched them accordingly solid black, black with a red stripe and black with a green stripe any help is much appreciated

anyone? i cant find a wiring diagram

if you attached them according to color i dont see why you wouldnt be okay. are you not getting spark now? make sure you have power at at least one of those wires. if you dont, check all of your fuses. its possible you shorted out the power wire when you cut them.

yeah been having a problem with no spark for a while trouble shooting everything i can i check to see if im getting voltage tomorrow

Have you checked the crank sensor? The plug for it is in front or beside the power steering pulley. It has 3 wires. One wire has Battery voltage on it. One is the ground. The last wire is the sensor signal. It will pulse 5 volts back to the computer.

To check it, I would get a harness from a junkyard and make a tee to plug in-between the sensor/ecu harness.

Then with the coils disconnected, both of them, turn the motor over by hand and look for 5 volts pulsing with the key in the on position.

You may have allready checked this but in this thread it was not mentioned.

http://easyautodiagnostics.com/mitsu...ion_coil_4.php

thanks for the reply, yeah i was told something similar to what you stated, grab a voltmeter and check the 5v line for the crankshaft sensor(green wire i believe, the red is the 12v) then turn the engine over by hand and voltage should go from 5v to 0 back and forth. I was told this to troubleshoot my pcm. I just bought a new crankshaft sensor a week ago, so it boils down to either cam sensor, pcm or by some shear unluck both coils are faulty. i'm checking the pcm and crankshaft tomorrow by doing what you stated above i'll let you know my results