The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: oil leak

Showing results 1 to 6 of 6

oil leak

so i changed my oil about few weeks ago and i used amsoil with 1 qt of mmo..the g ran good but now i have the oil light flickering and only goin off after i hit 2000rpm and once it changes gear and they drop, it comes on and stays on. im told to replace the oil pressure switch which i bought and was going to but i found oil around my pan and filter..i cant tell where its leaking from but the oil level is still fine. i had a new pan put on about few months ago and its only covered half in oil..other side is fine..any ideas wuts going on? i dont wanna risk keep driving it but i have no other option rite now and my mech said as long as the light stays off, its shud be ok for sometime..i still dont feel comf drivin it like that

I had that same leak, and for me in my 4g64 it turned out to be the cam seal, I changed it when I did timing, now shes leak free.

yeh but ive done oil changes after the new pan was put on and it never had leaks..something isnt rite this time..im wondering if the quart of mmo has to do nethin with this..with amsoil being thin to begin with

is the oil level low? i had a problem with the oil pressure sender in my 4g64. replaced it and it fixed the light flickering a low rpms. if the oil leak is significantly bad, id check the tightness on your oil drain plug because you never know if you got sidetracked and forgot to wrench it down. see if there is any kind of crush washer on the plug that is crushed too much. if everything looks good, spray all the oil down with some brake clean and use compressed air to dry it. then start her up and see where the leak is coming from. they make this sprayable powder but im not sure where to get it. my job provides it for me but its called d-14 leak detector. it goes on as a liquid and the second any kind of oil hits it it changes color. a little better than the UV dye/light system some people use. anyway, hope this helps......good luck!

First off, learn how to converse in English. We aren't from the hood and we aren't retarded.

Second off, MMO is a concentrated detergent oil. You put it in, it loosens up all the shit in your engine. What people fail to realize is now you have a bunch of shit cycling through your engine, destroying it and putting dirt into even deeper crevices. The oil pressure switch is easily clogged and is probably so hence the light. Of course the oil pump could be plugged too because most lights only flicker at idle a tad, not hold on until 2k.

sorry for the language, im just used to texting a lot and its faster than typing out whole words but are you suggesting to take out the oil? im guessing ill have to change the switch but what about the oil pump..basically what all do i have to do to fix this?