The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: ignition failure sensor

Showing results 1 to 11 of 11

ignition failure sensor

Where can you get a new one from, seems like i can't find one on the web. and i've heard there's a way to bypass it, i did the outlander swap btw.

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

This is how to disable it, A quote from Palehorse thread from club3g:
    Take a razor blade and cut about an inch slit in the wire loom and pull it back to expose the wires. From left to right, you have Pin 4 (black/white), Pin 3 (black/red), Pin 2, Pin 1. The two 12ga wires (Pin 4 and Pin 3) are the only ones we care about. 12V power comes into the IFS from Pin 4 and leaves pin 3. In order to register that this plug is working, but also unplug it so that our tachometer works, we need to splice the wires of Pin 4 and Pin 3 together.

4g64T 5spd

thanks going to try this tomorrow

antraw
    Did I work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

antraw
    Did it work?

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

I have personally done it on mine and it works perfectly, just take the 2 thicker wires on the IFS connector splice and solder them together

4g64T 5spd

What did u do for tachometer?

it works, for the tachometer follow the instructions above that should get you going

I have 3 and 4 bridged an no tacho. So do I leave ifs connected wit 3-4 bridged?

Are you sure you got the right wires? After bridging the 2 thick wires on the connector everything was working perfetly, I removed the sensor and tucked the connector away with a zip tie.

4g64T 5spd

Yeah this is the second time my ifs has failed. Two thick wires bridged and not tacho both times. For reference I have 6a13tt