The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galant LS 5-speed???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 23

Galant LS 5-speed???

So, I've come across a pretty confusing car on Craigslist. It appears to be a '95 Galant LS with a 5-speed transmission. I've always been under the impression that the standard transmission only came in S and GS models for the 7G, with the exception of some later ES models. I'm really interested in buying the car, but I'd be more weary of purchasing it if it underwent a tranny swap of questionable quality, at some point in it's life.

At any rate, here's the link: http://newyork.craigslist.org/fct/cto/3608087395.html

Thanks for any light that you could possibly shed on the situation.

IDk how you determined it was a LS?! It looks it might be an S model, but you never know.

All models were available 5 spd with special order from the factory.
    God created turbo lag to give the v8's a brief moment of hope.

Build Thread

Just going by the wheels/interior trim/options, unless someone spent a lot of time swapping those from an LS.
    I never knew that. I always read that it was only an S/GS/Later ES thing. You learn something new, everyday.

Experienced TGC Member 99galantES's Avatar
    Do not get it my Bro was going to get it I went up to look at it yesterday and was a waste of time has plenty of issues

«Carlos»

Quote Originally Posted by 99galantES View Post
    Do not get it my Bro was going to get it I went up to look at it yesterday and was a waste of time has plenty of issues
    Man, that sucks. What sort of issues?

As soon as you turn on the car it starts to sputter if you go above 70mph car shakes and sputters has massive oil leak from the head the intake manifold seems like it was from the jy cuz it has writting he bought it 7mo ago and now selling he just bought an audi but has no money or time to fix it yet again his machanic was working on it and still has issues

«Carlos»

Mine is a DE with factory 5spd. mko said it. any model can be 5spd

shaking is probably a tie rod/ ball joint issue or alignment/tire issue. oil leaks aren't that bad, most seals are easy to fix. my main seal wasn't.

based on the pictures its an es

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by 99galantES View Post
    As soon as you turn on the car it starts to sputter if you go above 70mph car shakes and sputters has massive oil leak from the head the intake manifold seems like it was from the jy cuz it has writting he bought it 7mo ago and now selling he just bought an audi but has no money or time to fix it yet again his machanic was working on it and still has issues
    Wow...It looked promising, too. $500? Maybe. $1000? No.

Quote Originally Posted by kolio View Post
    Mine is a DE with factory 5spd. mko said it. any model can be 5spd

shaking is probably a tie rod/ ball joint issue or alignment/tire issue. oil leaks aren't that bad, most seals are easy to fix. my main seal wasn't.

based on the pictures its an es
    The missing/sputtering is what's scaring me the most. If he can come down on the price significantly, I may still consider.

Trust me I know shit can be fixed but if I have to spend mad money to fix it hell no shit can stay there but its really an ls

«Carlos»

Believe me, everything around a 7g can be fixed for dirt cheap if you do the labor.

My car goes in the shop for alignment and tire changes only. Thats how i keep up with adding more to the car by not giving money to shops.
    Last edited by mko; 02-11-2013 at 05:24 PM

Build Thread

I plan on calling tomorrow and offering 500. One grand is a bit much for a car that has so many issues. My current DD, a '96 G20 5-Speed that is in excellent cosmetic and mechanical shape, was purchased for only 900.

I hear you mko my uncle has a shop so I don't have to pay for labor and parts I get cheap but my brother was getting the money loaned to him so for him to have to put more money plus pay it back was too much plus it was like a 2hr drive back and I didn't trust the car one bit but good luck with though its a nice car

«Carlos»

Im with you b3quatto it looks like a tranny swap, the shifter boot don't fit around the trim, if you zoom in on the cluster it looks like the center has the auto gear select in it and it also looks to have a cruise control switch. I could be wrong thow

Quote Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
    Im with you b3quatto it looks like a tranny swap, the shifter boot don't fit around the trim, if you zoom in on the cluster it looks like the center has the auto gear select in it and it also looks to have a cruise control switch. I could be wrong thow
    no it does look like its a tranny swapped one.

You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Probably Bronxbomr has done it.

Build Thread

Actually on digging a little deeper.......

I believe that is a former members car. sleepervr4 had it and was modded/turbo. then mrjaydeeone bought it from him. then sold it. so i have a sneaky suspicion that is that car

Nah i have that car

Build Thread

i thought you had the bits not the whole damn thing lol

just like i still have reggie's entire GS shell at my cuz house.

The car itself is useless - its a rust bucket. We tried to convert it back to auto, but it didnt work so it just sits there. I got the LSD trans and brand new prothane bushing kit. Its taking space and I have to call the J/Y to come and pick it up some day...lol

Build Thread

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast