The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Galant LS 5-speed???

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 23 of 23
    Quote Originally Posted by mko View Post
    The car itself is useless - its a rust bucket. We tried to convert it back to auto, but it didnt work so it just sits there. I got the LSD trans and brand new prothane bushing kit. Its taking space and I have to call the J/Y to come and pick it up some day...lol
    then you could have room to have my car and put the engine in it for me ;)

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Quote Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
    Im with you b3quatto it looks like a tranny swap, the shifter boot don't fit around the trim, if you zoom in on the cluster it looks like the center has the auto gear select in it and it also looks to have a cruise control switch. I could be wrong thow
    Where are you on LI? There seems to be a lot of people from the Tri-State area, on here.

Anyways, I initially noticed that spot for the gear select too... so I did some research. As it turns out, some model years of five-speed Galants had the indentation in the instrument cluster where the gear indicator would go. There's crappy picture of it here:

I'd really like to get some more information on this car before I take the trip. I want to make sure it isn't someones 5-speed swap basket case that he's trying to pawn off on an unsuspecting buyer. I'd ask the owner himself, but I'm not sure how honest he'd be with me.

honestly, for a couple hundred it isn't bad. suspension issues are cheap and easy.

motor swap it for 1.5k

and for under 2k you have a beast. provided its not a rust bucket

"DSM's, making people mechanics since 1985"
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia
    You want real respect from those fools? Don't race him. Tell him racing is a sport left to young boys who are still waiting for their balls to drop. Then while he's out racing, fuck his girlfriend in the ass, take pics, and leave them on his car while hes at school.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12