The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Battery Light Alt wont charge

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Battery Light Alt wont charge

after fixing some bent valves my alt wont charge now. does it make sense? i mean bending valves and alt? maybe the mechanic left something loose? i checked and all the wires from the alt are connected. any clues on what else to check? thanks in advance

Make sure the little 4 pin grey pigtail on top of the alternator is clicked in all the way. It's a big hidden under the bracket and so it gets missed sometimes. That controls your voltage regulator, forgetting to plug that in will keep it from charging even if the main power cables are all hooked up.

it was clicked all the way. but then i removed it and there i noticed that some of the pins where rusted and some missing. so its the voltage regulator am taking it to an electro mechanic to get it fixed.

When the VR goes out the whole alternator gets replaced. You can find them pretty cheap though and it's an easy install.

Update
    Got the alt installed. Battery light is now off but if I remove the battery car turns off. Before all this it didnt do that. It would stay on. Also dash lights and stereo wont work. All fuses are good to go except for the right side exterior lights. And also I noticed that the fuse that goes in the positive pole is blown. Could this be causing all of this???