The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Will the 6G74 TB fit the 4G63 intake manifold?

Showing results 1 to 5 of 5
    CobraSVT

Icon5 Will the 6G74 TB fit the 4G63 intake manifold?

I'm having trouble finding a replacement IACV for my 4G63. The only option I can see locally and readily is to swap a 6G74 TB. My question is, will the 6G74 TB fit my 4G63 intake manifold. I see a lot of people here swapping a 6G74 TB to their 4G64's, can also do the same to my 4G63? I know the throttle linkage of the 64 is near the firewall and the 63 is on the other side. I was thinking I will just fabricate a bracket to re-route the throttle linkage. Anything else I should consider (IACV wiring, vacuum lines, etc...)?

Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advanced.....

Bolt pattern is the same but the bores are not by any means. Won't gain you any power, the hole in the manifold will still be the same size.

IAC is different, it would require rewiring for the 74 IAC. You will also have to translate the vacuum diagrams.

CobraSVT
    Not really after performance gains... I'm just having difficulty finding a replacement IACV for my 4G63 and the 6g74 TB is the easiest solution I can find. What do you mean translate vacuum diagrams? I've read somewhere here in the forums that the wire colors of the IACV are not the same but if you follow the same pattern of the socket pins, it will just be a matter of tapping the wires.

My last option is to permanently remove my IACV and set the idle a bit higher (1k rpm maybe) through the BISS. I will just keep the old IACV dangling in the engine compartment so that I will not have CEL issues....

I'm really getting tired of seeing my idle at 1.8k to 2k rpms all the time... New IACV's cost an arm and a leg... :(

CobraSVT
    Sorry double post...

CobraSVT
    Help... Ideas.... anyone.... ?