The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: right side parking light blown fuse

Showing results 1 to 19 of 19

right side parking light blown fuse

my right side parking lights are screwed, i keep replacinf the fuse and it keeps blowing immediatly. ive checked all wiring in the area and nothing is wrong. hazard lights work but when i turn parking lights on it automatically blows the fuse. i need help!!

I assume you also checked the tail light wires?

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

Yes Indeed

now check engine light is on how do I check that code without scanner tool?

Experienced TGC Member OMEGA PHX's Avatar

Go to autozone and they'll pull out the code for free or come to Aguadilla and I'll pull them for you lol

4g64T 5spd

Experienced TGC Member fliegendaffe's Avatar
    Sounds like you have a short

Sent from my GS3 using Tapatalk!

I think I know what happened. I had some bent valves so I paid a mechanic to get the car fixed I bet the retard removed the heads incluiding alternator without disconnecting the battery. All fuses even the 120a fuse from the battery where blown even my amps fuses and the rear fuse on my radio was blown. I tried putting a higher amp fuse on the right side park lights and I could hear the alarm and the it blew again. So am guessing all this has to do with the alarm probably he broke it too. I hate mechanics.........
    Ps. I thought there was a method of displaying the CEL code by grounding pin 0 and inseeting the key to on possition and some pedal door work I dont remember.

recommendation, try replacing the bulbs

I tried replacing the fuse withou the bulbs installed

no parking lights installed (front and rear) and the fuse still pops?

Yup. I tried installing a 20a fuse instead of the 10a and I could hear the alarms siren for a few seconds and then it popped again so I think the short is with the alarm. Thats what am going to check first

Aftermarket alarm? When was this installed and by who?

Here is what you do to test your idea. Either A)unplug the power harness from the alarm brain B) unplug the alarm's fuses C) disconnect the parking light wire from the factory wiring. After doing any of those, turn your parking lights on. If it still pops then you have a short else where.

Do you happen to know the color of the parking lights wire?? on the car not the alarm

ok got it fixed it was indeed the alarm, i removed the clip tying the cars parking light with the alarms and replaced the fuse and its all working now gauges everything. does this means the alam is shot? i mean it still works. could it be a bad connection? i just dont get how if the alarm is messed up it only showed it with the right set of parking lights instead of both sides, its just one cable controlling both. now to the check engine light. damn i hate sloppy mechanics so much.
    Last edited by Joker96; 02-16-2013 at 01:19 PM

Quote Originally Posted by Joker96 View Post
    Do you happen to know the color of the parking lights wire?? on the car not the alarm
    Green/white

Quote Originally Posted by Joker96 View Post
    ok got it fixed it was indeed the alarm, i removed the clip tying the cars parking light with the alarms and replaced the fuse and its all working now gauges everything. does this means the alam is shot? i mean it still works. could it be a bad connection? i just dont get how if the alarm is messed up it only showed it with the right set of parking lights instead of both sides, its just one cable controlling both. now to the check engine light. damn i hate sloppy mechanics so much.
    When was it installed? What brand?

Like a year ago I dont remember and I did the install myself its a python 991

That is exactly what I just pulled out of my 8g yesterday. Did you have the jumper/fuse for the lights in the right setting? Wired up to the correct wire? I doubt it is the brain but I have seen it happen.

yes the fused was in the right place, weird is that i re connected everything back on and it works. it doesnt blow the fuse anymore. straaange