The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Front wheel bearing questins?

Showing results 1 to 13 of 13

Icon5 Front wheel bearing questins?

My driver-side front wheel bearing is gone and its about 155 USD at the dealership, they are the only ones that have it with the hub.
    If i order the one of eBay that cost 34$ its comes to me at the cost of 123$ and they say its will be delivered around 26 feb to 5 of mars. which is kind of a to long of a time to wait, since i use the car everyday.

THIRD option and the one im most prompt to make is getting a bearing with out the struts (the bolts that hold the wheel) for 100$ tomorrow. only problem is it might be the wrong one might be for the EUDM and JDM galants not the USDM and the only way for me to find out is by taking the car apart. Or if u guys know any parts numbers or measurements for the bearing alone that would help ALOT

i would basically just be getting this http://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-94-03-...fc6bee&vxp=mtr

I also think with the third option i run the risk if damaging the new bearing while pressing the hub (strutt) assembly in.

TL;DR.need a part number or measurements for the bearing alone with out the strut assembly
    Last edited by Palmz; 02-15-2013 at 01:26 PM
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk
    Isuzu Trooper mountain spec

Are there no part stores close to you?

Rockauto will ship you a wheel bearing for $75 USD. This is coming from the US. There has got to be something local to you.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

well i called everywhere and the only place the had anything was the bearing for 100$. Also u must know i live in a very small country i live in the city (the only real city) ppl come here out of town to get parts. i think these are my only option exept if u guys know of a bearing that cost under 34 USD and shiping is under 60$
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

That ebay bearing you posted will need to be pressed into your old hub. I would rather just get the entire assembly. For the extra $10, I think it's worth the less effort.

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

I can get this bearing from Advance Auto Parts for about $52+tax and is the assembly -

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...rks_15050218-p

Have you ever got stuff shipped from here? Do you know how long the USPS International Express Mail to Iceland would take? They advertise 3-5 days, but to certain countries I've shipped to, it takes over 2 weeks. The USPS guaranteed Express Mail takes 2-3 days and that is for sure, as I have tried them, but it usually costs a lot (over $100) as the weight of a bearing would be quite a lot. I think the $155 for the assembly from the dealer would still be the best bet and you can avoid all of this to save about $50, don't you think?

Worst case, if you cannot get something quickly, I can buy this and mail it to you from here and you can pay me.

Quote Originally Posted by tamim13 View Post
    I can get this bearing from Advance Auto Parts for about $52+tax and is the assembly -

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...rks_15050218-p

Have you ever got stuff shipped from here? Do you know how long the USPS International Express Mail to Iceland would take? They advertise 3-5 days, but to certain countries I've shipped to, it takes over 2 weeks. The USPS guaranteed Express Mail takes 2-3 days and that is for sure, as I have tried them, but it usually costs a lot (over $100) as the weight of a bearing would be quite a lot. I think the $155 for the assembly from the dealer would still be the best bet and you can avoid all of this to save about $50, don't you think?

Worst case, if you cannot get something quickly, I can buy this and mail it to you from here and you can pay me.
    Well when i got my timing belt and water pump package from the states it took as advertised 5 days to get to Iceland BUT the customs can add some time and expenses, Everything i buy from the states get a 50% tax on it so if i buy something from ebay it cost 100$ with shipping im really paying 150$ and that's not even delivered to my door.

Best case would be to get some one like you to buy it for me in the states and send it to me as a "gift" so i get less taxed or hopefully not taxed at all.

But i went to the autoparts store and i got them to search for a dodge stratus bearing 01 to 05 correct? he found one after a bit if research about 150 km away not a problem but the store is closed on the weekends but he sayd they would send it to the city on monday for free, the bearing only costs 115$ so all i have to hope is that it fits. if it doesnt and the car is apart on monday
    i will buy the one from the dealership..

But thank you for your offer.

P.S. Got stopped yesterday doing 70 in 50 zone. I was on my moms Camry and late to see die hard im expecting a 300$ ticket or i can take the second option and do 4 days in jail. I told the officer that if u could serve the 4 days during the summer that would be fine else im paying the damn ticket
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

Sure, let me know how it goes. I can't remember if it was the 01-05 Stratus, or if the generation ended earlier than '05. If I remember it was something about the Stratus Coupe and not the 4 door. But hopefully someone can chime in. I'll also try to find the part interchanges and see if I can get some more information.

The '01-'05 (not sure on the exact years, but that sounds right) Stratus coupe is the same as the 3G eclipse, which is the same mechanically as the 8G. I know for a fact the front brakes match up, the box I ordered from EBC years ago said those brakes would fit my car, an eclipse and a stratus. So those bearings might all be the same, but I can't guarantee that. For my money if you can get it from the dealer I'd do that; you know it's the right part that will have OEM quality and last. Just a suggestion. Hope all goes well. Remind me never to speed in Iceland, they giving jail time for 20 over, that shit cray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk fam!
    Last edited by wetamup2k3g; 02-16-2013 at 04:30 PM

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

If the part i get on monday does not fit i can get my money back no problem and then i would just go to the dealer and get the bearing there so i dont loose anything but time and my car for a day or so.

And Maybe i should clarify its optional jail time if i dont want to or have the money to pay the ticket. plus icelandic jail aint that bad. u can bring ure laptop and a 3G internet so its like summer camp... and we dont have that rape in the shower factor u guys got over there in the states.
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

Oh, well then take the time, that sounds like vacation. Yeah you become somebody's bitch over here if you're not tough lol. I wanna say you should be good, but either way you'll be alright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk fam!

-Greg

haha thanks man.. well it all depends on how broke will be when it is time to pay
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

UPDATE ended up buying the bearing at the dealership. 4 door stratus is way diffrent bearing.
    love having a usdm way easer to do took me 2 hours and thats counting haveing to drive to get it pressed out
    2001 Galant 2.4 USDM
    Old ones
    2X BMW E34 Blaaackkkk

Yeah, in the context of using Stratus parts, it can ONLY be the coupe (2-door), the 4-dr Stratus is its own car.

-Greg