The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Back from the grave (explained)

Showing results 1 to 7 of 7

Back from the grave (explained)

Hello world, Kilsom here, back from the grave with a different g FINALLY.

What happened.....

I bought a 2006 9G and at that time there was nothing in the way of modding for them so I started the regular stuff, smoked the headlamps and taillights, the headlights wouldn't pass inspection so I had to get stock headlamps but kept the red signal lights.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W27NZ2JOMhQ

I had issues with personal problems and ended up divorced and left alone with new child support payments as well as new rent and all sorts of bills piled on to try and make her happy.

I met a girl and got back on the horse so to speak and kept pushing forward, finally happy again, I started modding again only this time I was rebuilding a mazda b2000 mini truck style (friend got me involved in his mitsu mighty max DSM build). After I got my truck running and was having fun with it, my new fiancee wrecked the galant, ripped the engine block away from the trans and tore the internals all to hell. This was 08. I could not afford a trans for a car that was 2 years old with the other bills I had. The insurance refused to pay and so it went into collections and they took it.

I still married her

After years with my mini truck, modding, having some jackhole wreck into it, fixing/modding again, getting wrecked and so on and so forth I fixed her once more and we decided to move.

We moved to Wisconsin in 2012 in Feb. All I head to bring our stuff up here was my old 69 GMC C2500 which I still have. I have been running it as a DD and living here everything is 40+ miles away and so getting 6-8 MPG we decided on getting another car.

We had found a Maxima on craigslist and decided on getting it. The jackhole sold it an hour before we went to pick it up. Back to square one, we looked on craigslist again and found an 8g. My wife knows how much I loved my G and she wanted me to get it. I wasn't sure, and she pushed me into it.

1500 bucks and all that is wrong is a hole in the flex pipe and a busted front bumper cover. So here I am, with a new 8g and ready to mod it to the max. I know how I want it and I will be doing it myself for the most part, I may need help with a turbo or swap at some point but that is neither here nor there.

What I need from the community that I so love is help finding and getting a cheap front bumper cover so that I can sand her down and re-paint her.

Last edited by Kilsom; 02-16-2013 at 03:08 PM Reason: Added pics of the G

Welcome back! There has to be an 8G in a junkyard somewhere up there with a decent bumper cover, it just has to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk fam!

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

I have not even SEEN another galant let alone an 8g. The two boneyards in milwaukee have to have them shipped and they are charging 100 bucks more than RockAuto and they cant even guarantee color.

Like you've been tru alot pal. After reading your post, if you lived close to me I would have given you the one I have packed down out back. But I not remotely close to you. Sorry
    All the best in locating one.
    Dw@r!k@

I don't know many people that have had a 9g then buys an 9g =P Can't wait to see it fixed up!

Lancer/EvolutionX Rotor Glow Paint
    6g74 Forged Engine w/ hx40 turbo
    Eclipse GT 5 spd swapped

Rotor Glow Galant
    Daily Galant
    OZ Edition Eclipse

I prefer the style of the 8g.

Quote Originally Posted by wetamup2k3g View Post
    Welcome back! There has car parts to be an 8G in a junkyard somewhere up there with a decent bumper cover, it just has to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk fam!
    You do have good have good amount of cars but they all need some care. But welcome back and enjoy the community
    Last edited by Inaban; 03-01-2013 at 02:29 AM