The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Engine mount brand recommendations please!

Showing results 1 to 4 of 4

Engine mount brand recommendations please!

Guys,

Getting ready to change out the four engine mounts in my wife's '01 2.4 SOHC, it's pretty rattly. I was going to change out the upper right mount when I did the timing belts/water pump, but the one I got (Anchor brand from RockAuto) didn't fit, so I said screw it. Is OEM the way to go, or could I go with a Beck/Arnley or something? OEM ones are $200 for the set and I'd rather not spend quite so much.

Thanks!

Oem mitsu is not 200 for the set. More like 200 a pop.

Replacements yes, 200 for all 4. I have anchors through oreilly. Its a good thing they are lifetime warranty because I'm swapping the roll stoppers every 6 months and the side mounts every year. If you don't mind that like me go for it, otherwise get polyurethane inserts.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 like a boss!!

I priced them last night, $200 for all four at oemmitsubishiparts. Sounds like OEM might be the way to go.

I got 2 beck/arnley mounts from rockauto, the pasenger side fit like oem but the rear was way off, the rear V6 mount is shaped like a "L" and I had to grind the inside of the "L" quite a bit for it to fit. Luckily I knew someone with a table grinder.
    15 F150 3.5 ecoboost 4x4 - daily driver
    01 Galant ES V6 MT (sold)
    00 Eclipse RS MT