The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: leds in gauge cluster problem

Showing results 1 to 10 of 10

leds in gauge cluster problem

ok so I installed some leds from ebay the other day into the gauge cluster. so the problem is when I first put them in they all work fine for about ten min, then all the suddenly the two over buy my temp and gas gauge go out. im really confused why those are the only two that go out. any ideas why? the leds are 194s with four leds per. any help would be appreciated.

Probably just crap LED's. Superbrightleds.com has the good ones and even those go out more often than normal bulbs.

Try led wholesalers they are the shiz. Ebay bulbs are made poorly the contacs break or move away from position.

The ones im talking about have the contacts mader of solder so they wont break or move.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2 like a boss!!

there is also polarity to the LED bulbs even tho they twist in either way, try turning the bulb 180* and installing it

i did that i think they were just really cheap leds, because another went out today. ill just try buying the more expensive ones.

The ledwholesalers 194s look way different will they still work? im used to seeing the ones like on superbrightleds.com

Led Wholsalers:

Dimmer all the way down

Dimmer all the way up

Also all the 74 bulb were replaced with their bulbs such as the odometer bulb, hi beam, turn signal indicators, and the cruise control which is on ib the pictures also all the warning lights.

Looks like the LED's magnify the hot spots. I have regular bulbs in my cluster and I have similar hotspots, yours are very visible Vic.

-Greg

"I smashed up the grey one, bought me a red;
    Every time we hit the parking lot we turn heads!"
    -Pimp C, "International Players Anthem"

They seem more pronounced on the pictures than in person. But yea I just ignore it.

ok thanks guys for all the info