The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Did anyone do the clear corning mod thats in the FAQs?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 20 of 23

Did anyone do the clear corning mod thats in the FAQs?

Just wonder if it would look nice if you modded with the tutorial. I understand by taking out the yellow reflectors you could see the turning bulb directly inside. That would look kinda weird no?

Thx

I think 99% of the people on this site hve it done...it is a good first mod because it is free.

Mom to Krystal, Joey and Peyton

yo Gladiator check out the NY chapter become a member and come to meets...
    check out the east coast section for upcoming events/meets
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

escoson
    when i went to the bronx meet, they cleared my corners in no more then 10mins 15 at most. andit looks alot better.

yo rookie,, get hold of denver or someone from NY CHapter they will do it free for you,, 10 min top

AkA K h O p A r I.

I Am back BitcheZzZ

- u serious, yo? - - - - to answer, cleared cornerz look good on the 8g
    Semper Fi'

ND4SPD2000
    LOL Why didn't they just come clear from the factory... LOL

TGC Regular
    If you have to ask, then you don't need to know.
    nope, i think you are the only one who ever thought of that.

...U N D E A D...

ONe more question, how come there are two different ways to clear the corners?

http://pinoyesv6.galants.com/FAQ/Clearing%...g%20Corners.htm
    http://pinoyesv6.galants.com/FAQ/ClearingCorners.htm

What is the difference? One method I have to drill a whole or something why?

TGC Regular
    <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gladiator)</div><div class='quotemain'>ONe more question, how come there are two different ways to clear the corners?

http://pinoyesv6.galants.com/FAQ/Clearing%...g%20Corners.htm Â*
    http://pinoyesv6.galants.com/FAQ/ClearingCorners.htm Â*

What is the difference? One method I have to drill a whole or something why?</div>

ALWAYS MORE THAN 1 WAY TO SKIN A CAT!!! :twisted: THATS WHY.

just go with the second one. it may be a little more ackward, but you dont have to worry about drilling the wrong place or messing up. just be careful not to scratch the lense too much w/ screwdriver or whatever tool you use to break it out. just be real careful and take your time. these guys who say they have no problem and could do it with their eyes closed in 10 minutes have done this lots of times. so just relax.

another thing people like to do, i would never, is put the whole damn light in the oven. cook that shit up on LOW and then pull apart the housing and the lens and then you just pop out the reflector. when you done just use a little silicone to stick 'em back together. they also do it to work on homemade projector lights. like i said before, i would never, ever do it this way

good luck :thumbsup:

...U N D E A D...

clear

Hey Glad, where are you in queens, im from Flushing.
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

TWISTED II

i think it looks good

Experienced TGC Member Kalamidad's Avatar
    Glad, the answer to you first concern is yes, you can see the bulb inside. It does not look weird at all if you have a clear bulb inside because then it disapears into the grome of the light. Also, and not too many people know it is that the refector is there as a safety tool. so if you take off that reflector you should stick some type of refector piece on you bumper because if a cop stops you and he is in a bad mood, he can give you a ticket for it. I have the mod done. I have orange bulbs in my corners because i'f had problems matching my headlights to my corners, but some people do not care about it. I suggest that the best thing to do is go to a meet. see how it looks. If you like it, you can get it done there for free.
    -Pedro

Nice, firstly GaLaNtKeV99 I live in Rego Park hehe 10 min drive away from Flushing

I understand the safety part of the reflectors but I will probably do it. I really want to try and take it out by myself since you cannot match that feeling of accomplishing something.
    I guess if cops stop me then I will go from there since all 5 windows are tinted pretty dark.

queens

Sweet, :thumbsup: maybe in a couple of weeks we can meet up so u can see how my corners look clear. and since i my parts for my drop are on their way you can also see the car without the monster wheel gap
    Kevin
    2006 GIXXER 600

this 1 right
    Jason - - cofounder of TGCNY
    click banner to enter the NY Chapter

2001 Galant ES
    2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Special Edition

u aint gotta stick it in the oven, just use a blowdryer to heat it up, then pull apart and work from there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Semper Fi'

if you are worried about seeing the bulb, you can also get titanium or chromed colored bulbs. when off, they match the headlights but when on, they light up the color of the bulb like regular bulbs.

if you are gonna open up the headlight though, its not really cook them in the oven. its like preheat the oven, and then turn it off. then u put the headlights in there as the oven cools down and that should be enough to heat up the sealant. but yea back on topic, you can buy some sheets of lighting tile at the hardware store and they are semi transparent. so u just cut them in the shape of the reflector and stick them in the corner where the reflector was and close it back up and it will kinda be like u have a clear reflector. but it just doesn't reflect. but it does hide the bulb

Webhosting for less than $3 a month? put "pinoyesv6" as a promo code.

TGC Regular
    Yeah its not too noticable, and you would also have to get down on 1 knee and look directly into it to see the bulb if you had a clear bulb. if you had the stock orange one, then ya you could see it pretty good.

...U N D E A D...

Alright I just examined the lights again. I notice that there is a clip on the outside of the light so you can take off the plastic part. Should I do that, or follow the instructions in the FAQ. I figured if I took off the plastic from the front, I would not have to break the yellow reflectors from inside the casing.

Also how can I adjust the aim of the lights afterwards because in the manual it only tells me to ask the dealer to adjust aim.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast