The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 94 Galant Idle problem??

Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

94 Galant Idle problem??

My Galant starts idling really low after warm up and only after warm up. I have to keep the idle high or the car will die. Any ideas??

Are you having any other issues with it? Headlights dimming when brakes pressed? Does the idle go up when you turn on the A/C? Checked for vacuum leaks? Is the idle consistently low or does it bounce around and try to stall?

Seems like IAC (Idle Air Control) issues are common on these cars, I just went round and round with mine for the past few months and finally got it sorted after a $30 trip to Pick N Pull.

Also just dealt with a low idle issue which seems to have been a ground cable issue (fingers crossed). Just replaced that yesterday and reseated all the ground lines I could find after cleaning everything up. Idle was rock solid 850 last night and all the way in to work today, so my hope is that's a done deal.

Some really good, knowledgeable folks on this forum so hopefully you can get some help to sort it out.

Quote Originally Posted by kLeAn7G View Post
    My Galant starts idling really low after warm up and only after warm up. I have to keep the idle high or the car will die. Any ideas??
    Think Ill have to check to see if I have any vacuum leaks. Havent noticed any issues with the headlights dimming. Did notice when it starts to idle like crap and acts like its going to die, turning the heater on helps out.