The Galant Center - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Ignore posts from a spcific user or sections of the forum?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Showing results 21 to 23 of 23
    Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    If you, as a regular here, come here and complain that there are only a handful of new posts each time you visit... You are part of the problem. There is always a thread you can post in with some information to help someone. Your post may in turn allow a noobie to the forum to post some more questions.
    Wasn't complaining, just curious. I've seen a number of forums car related slowly die due to lack of interest or loss of the long time memebers. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't happening here is all. As for the thread thing, that's not always the case. Quite often I read a thread and any pertinent information I might have has already be said by someone else. I really don't see the need to repeat what's already been said. Yeah my specialty is electronics and electrical systems, but it seems to me anytime I try to help it either gets ignored completely, or someone else says I'm full of shit. No sense in trying to change someone's mind that's dead set on their way is the only way. Its only going to lead to one of those ever so great flame wars that pop up every once in a while. We now return you to your regularly scheduled posts.
    MECP First Class Certi-fried installer.

For the right price, nothing is impossible.

This site has never been crazy action packed, at least in my five years here. I no scare.

One site I'm a regular on has less than 10 regular contributors. We no scare.

Quote Originally Posted by polishmafia View Post
    If you, as a regular here, come here and complain that there are only a handful of new posts each time you visit... You are part of the problem. There is always a thread you can post in with some information to help someone. Your post may in turn allow a noobie to the forum to post some more questions.
    Polish, I tried to create a new account thinking my old one from TGC.com was gone, and I waited 3 weeks for mod approval to post. Those are the types of things preventing TGC to grow in some ways. Not harping, just an observation.

Quote Originally Posted by cntrylvr79 View Post
    Wasn't complaining, just curious. I've seen a number of forums car related slowly die due to lack of interest or loss of the long time memebers. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't happening here is all. As for the thread thing, that's not always the case. Quite often I read a thread and any pertinent information I might have has already be said by someone else. I really don't see the need to repeat what's already been said. Yeah my specialty is electronics and electrical systems, but it seems to me anytime I try to help it either gets ignored completely, or someone else says I'm full of shit. No sense in trying to change someone's mind that's dead set on their way is the only way. Its only going to lead to one of those ever so great flame wars that pop up every once in a while. We now return you to your regularly scheduled posts.
    This as well, every time someone new posts a question, the first reply tends to be, "Use search function or *obligatory remark*" The board wont grow new posts with people being ragged on for asking, maybe they don't have the time to read through a 15 page thread to find a tiny piece of info. If we as old members know where and what they are looking for exactly, we can all help to steer them right to the answer they seek rather than use the old "search or die" adage.
    Last edited by Kilsom; 03-09-2013 at 11:17 AM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12